Steve G

Jul 14, 2016
I have just purchased 2 iMXQpro Android 5.1.1 boxes and loaded the wookie wizard on both of them, all loaded ok but when you click on kodi it tries to load but then returns to the home screen, you have to do this between 3 & 10 times before kodi loads properly, it is ok on my droid t8s box.

Vinnysafc

Jul 10, 2016
I have just purchased 2 iMXQpro Android 5.1.1 boxes and loaded the wookie wizard on both of them, all loaded ok but when you click on kodi it tries to load but then returns to the home screen, you have to do this between 3 & 10 times before kodi loads properly, it is ok on my droid t8s box.
I would uninstall then a fresh install

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try, going into your settings > Apps > find kodi then click Force Stop then Clear Cache.

Steve G

Jul 14, 2016
Have tried everything uninstalled deleted reinstalled spent over 3 hours trying everything, even installed the new spmc fork and reloaded wookie still no joy.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Did you load the wookie in DBMC (droidboxes badged version of kodi) or Kodi - both are installed on the droidbox mxqpro. May help diagnosis.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Which wookie build did you choose? Certainly if you didn't try it, try wookie lite as that has a smaller footprint.

The mxqpro boxes have less ram than other boxes so need to keep a closer eye on memory.

Have you downloaded many apps from google play for example? May need some weeding.

If things continue badly, delete wookie.(on both versions of kodi via apps - dbmc/kodi - clear data).

Then load a few addons manually.
To do this set up the fusion source in kodi file manager (the fact that you can load wookie suggests you have been able to open an empty kodi instance satisfactorily).
Once set up go to install from zip and install the addon installer from fusion (click on start here).
After installation go to programs and open the addon installer.
Install a handful of stable addons like phoenix, evolve, vidtime, castaway and sports devil.

See how that goes and report back.

To be honest you are unlikely to need more than 12-15 addons anyway which you can install manually.
Make a note of the ones you really need/use and use the seo-michael web site as an installation guide.
Report back on progress or if anything is unclear.

Reactions: DroidBOXer

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also worth heading to the Storage section within Settings (you may need to click on More Settings first), and checking how much available space is being reported.
Also, if there is a lot of space left still, there is an option to attempt a fix (in the DroidBOX Control Centre application) issues like this, have a quick check of the video and see if that helps.
The forum autoembeds the videos, but took away the start time, you can skip straight to 2m24s

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
In speaking with Wookie they recognise a bug with the air remote. If you are using an air remote, immediately turn off the air mouse when you boot Kodi. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N915FY using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do you have a link to that? I am running wookie lite on an Imxqpro with an air mouse, with no issues.