Kevan

Mar 2, 2017
Hi - I hope someone can help with this. I am having an intermittent problem booting my device (into Android). When I switch on my device, more often than not, it freezes on the screen showing 'locating by network'. I sometimes have to turn the device off and on over and over again before the boot completes and I can actually use it. I don't think the turning off and on multiple times can be a good thing - I feel like it's only a matter of time before it refuses to boot at all! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I guess the first thing to check is whether you have a good and strong network connection on your box.
Especially if you are using wifi (apps like Ookla speed test can test your wifi speed). If it is poor, can you try an Ethernet connection?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Also try setting "use my location" (or whatever it is called) in android settings on, it may help.

Kevan

Mar 2, 2017
Also try setting "use my location" (or whatever it is called) in android settings on, it may help.

Thank you for the suggestions - wifi signal was strong, so I turned off the 'use wifi to discover network' and set my location manually. Amazingly, this seems to have worked! :)

Reactions: ChrisM