triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi all
I am having trouble installing the Magic Dragon add-on on my box. I should point out that the box is an older one, maybe 3-4 years old.
I follow the instructions up to the notification that says 'Supremacy Add On Installed' but the next instruction says 'Install from repository' and I don't have the option to do this on my screen. As stated its an older box with, I presume, an older version of Kodi installed. Where do I go to get the 'Install from repository'
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are running kodi 15 or later the menu item "install from repository" is in the settings - add-ons menu

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for that Nigelar
When I go to 'settings', -add-ons I get, 'Check for updates, Available updates, Disabled Add-ons, Enabled Add-ons, Get Add-ons, Install from zip file and Search as my options. There isnt one for 'Install from repository'.
The Supremacy add-on has installed and seems to be working but no sign of the 'Magic Dragon. I have had a look at 'Get Add-ons' but can't find the 'Install from repository' anywhere.
Looking at my system info I seem to have Kodi 14.1 if that helps?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
"get add-ons" is what you want. It was renamed "install from repositories" in Kodi 15. Kodi 14 is very very old now! Some add-ons may not be compatible.
What version of Android are you running? It may be possible to upgrade Kodi.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Then you can run kodi 16. Also cemc from the google play store. Also the mygica kodi fork which provides kodi 17 compatibility on older boxes running kodi 4.4.2.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Great stuff! Can you point me in the direction of instructions about how to do this, the simpler the better!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can download CEMC from the google play store and it will self install.
It will co exist with your old kodi installation but you will need to reinstall addons.

You can install kodi 16.1 from here

hxxp://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

(Replace hxxp with http)

You will need to uninstall your current kodi first. (I dont think a leap from 14 to 16 will allow a simple overwrite).
Once downloaded, find your downloads folder using a file manager then click on the apk to install.

Mygica is in the Droidbox store app i think. That will coexist with your existing kodi 14 installation if you choose that.

Good luck

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Happy New Year!
I have installed Kodi 16.1 and am very pleased with the results. Just 1 slight glitch is that the sync is slightly out on some of the films so it looks like they've been badly dubbed! Is there a fix for this?
Thanks