patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Does anyone know how to use the Extended Info Mod? I've managed to install it but the 'Play' option isn't accessible. So I can just read about the movie but can't play it. I've checked the settings page and the only options I have are General, TheMovieDB and Autocompletion. Is there something else I need to do in order to get this to work properly? I already have MettalIQ installed and running.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, What version of Extended Info Mod are you on, you should be on 5.0.0 if not update it to that then reboot, see if that gets it working.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Following on from @angela (if that does not sort)
Take it you installed both addons from q's repo? Or from NaN repo (noobsandnerds) which should then auto install q's repo anyway? Also have you got only these 2 addons installed on kodi? Do you have the recommended video addons so video can actually be played? Zen, Specto, BoB, pheonix and uk turks just a few? Else i would uninstall, reboot and try a re-install of both starting with Metalliq first, let it run its total setup then try using that addon itself first to play a movie say. Then install extended info mod from q's repo and all should work tbh, no other reason i can see it wouldn't

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks guys. I'm running Extended Info Mod 5.0 then (when that didn't work) updated to 5.6. And I've definitely got Zen, Specto, BoB, pheonix etc installed. I've also deleted both Metalliq and Extended Info, rebooted and re-installed. Still not able to do anything other than add to list. I can't play the films / TV shows or set my rating. Does it matter that I'm using Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO rather than Confluence?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, I have silvo on 3 different versions of kodi and extendad script info on all, doesn't that said addon give you more info when browsing movie/tv shows with the most popular movie addons. With my movie widgets set and if the mod isn't installed it gives no info at all, with it installed you then get the backgrounds and the plot specific to each movie. I took it when I first installed it that this was what it was all about as am more than happy with its purpose.

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Sean. No you're supposed to be able to click on play and watch the movies or TV shows as well. That's what I haven't been able to do.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Oh ok will have a mooch around and see if can get any info for you.

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Good call Angela. I deleted everything and reinstalled Q's repo and it worked like a charm. Thanks. One question: Is it best to turn of Extended Info Mod's auto update function as v5.0 seems to be working fine?

Reactions: angela

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
If you don't want it to autoupdate to the latest version then yes turning off autoupdate would stop it autoupdating yes!
Good call indeed @angela ;) though i did tell you to try an uninstall/reinstall in my second reply....

Last edited:
Reactions: angela