1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx roms unable to work

Discussion in 'RG-350 Retro Games Handheld' started by vsa, Nov 28, 2019.

1. vsa

vsa New Member

Hi. Just recently got a RG350. kinda new here in retrogame console. i cannot play or run ps1 games i have downloaded on the net with .7z, .zip, and .rar. although i've tried powerISO to convert to ISO and Bin/Cue file; like the one that is working with Bin/Cue. unfortunately, still couldnt figure out why its not working. any help is appreciated. TIA

2. Pete Biddlecombe

Pete Biddlecombe New Member

Hi vsa, i'm new to the RG350 too, PS runs fine on mine. The emulator is already pre-configured within the internal SD card, so there's no worry or confusion with BIOS file, etc.

I have my roms placed on the external SD card; sdcard/roms/PS.

Then within that folder are unzipped folders containing various file types. One title may just have a single .PBP file, other titles I have may include mulitple .bin files & one single .cue file. As long as i run the .cue file the RG350 runs pretty slick.

I have however (through trial & error) tried to run a title direct from a compressed .7z which doesn't really work....

vsa likes this.
  3. vsa

vsa New Member

thanks a lot! been able to play one now. hope i could load some more!

4. vsa

vsa New Member

btw, have you tried playing metal gear solid on this console? ive read you cant load a second disc?

5. Pete Biddlecombe

Sorry, not really - I started it...

There was an MGS .PBP file (both discs/full game) pre-loaded on my pocketgo, so just copied that one across to my RG350...

vsa likes this.
  6. synchro

synchro New Member

When the game is running quickly press the power button and select " Swap CD " top of the list and browse to it.
    That MGS.PBP sounds nice though ..

7. Pete Biddlecombe

Can you guys PM me, I can shove it on a Dropbox link or something...

8. synchro

synchro New Member

Thanks for the offer Pete but I think I found one :)