vsa

Nov 28, 2019
Hi. Just recently got a RG350. kinda new here in retrogame console. i cannot play or run ps1 games i have downloaded on the net with .7z, .zip, and .rar. although i've tried powerISO to convert to ISO and Bin/Cue file; like the one that is working with Bin/Cue. unfortunately, still couldnt figure out why its not working. any help is appreciated. TIA

Pete Biddlecombe

Nov 28, 2019
Hi vsa, i'm new to the RG350 too, PS runs fine on mine. The emulator is already pre-configured within the internal SD card, so there's no worry or confusion with BIOS file, etc.

I have my roms placed on the external SD card; sdcard/roms/PS.

Then within that folder are unzipped folders containing various file types. One title may just have a single .PBP file, other titles I have may include mulitple .bin files & one single .cue file. As long as i run the .cue file the RG350 runs pretty slick.

I have however (through trial & error) tried to run a title direct from a compressed .7z which doesn't really work....

Reactions: vsa

vsa

Nov 28, 2019
thanks a lot! been able to play one now. hope i could load some more!

vsa

Nov 28, 2019
btw, have you tried playing metal gear solid on this console? ive read you cant load a second disc?

Pete Biddlecombe

Nov 28, 2019
Sorry, not really - I started it...

There was an MGS .PBP file (both discs/full game) pre-loaded on my pocketgo, so just copied that one across to my RG350...

Reactions: vsa

synchro

Jun 8, 2019
When the game is running quickly press the power button and select " Swap CD " top of the list and browse to it.
That MGS.PBP sounds nice though ..

DKC

Mar 30, 2020
Hi all, I'm also having the same issue vsa with my RG350. Whenever I tried to load any PS1 games my screen goes black and device starts vibrating. I've tried the start button + select to do the "swap cd" but doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if there's any walkthru videos online for loading PS1 roms?

hagenhound

Feb 25, 2023
Apologies but I have the same issue with psx roms on rg353v. Unfortunately the answers here baffle me, can anyone please give me a quick dummies guide. Cheers