x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
Hi,

I have had my Q& for several months now and everything has been working great, we decided to move it upstairs for a couple of nights to watch a film on a different TV, no problems until I came to move it back to the main TV.

The box now just doesn't appear to show anything, just a black screen and my guess is that the input is no longer supported - I moved it back upstairs again and now for some strange reason I get about 30 seconds of a strange quality viewing (just enough time to check the settings) until the input not supported error now shows up and I have to reset to get a further 30 seconds - very annoying.

After checking a few threads it looks as though the box may be trying to output a different resolution setting, but how do I change it to the right one?

I heard a few people talk about an 'auto resolution' on other threads but that doesn't appear to be an option in the settings.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I'm stumped,

thanks, Josh.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
Hi Nigelar,

I have tried this but in the short period (around 30 seconds) that my to let's me see anything I can't find any sort of more or advanced options within the settings?

The step guide does look very simple however,

All I have is a small list of display settings that does not include anything above 720,

Any ideas how I access the further options to resolve this?

Josh.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It may just be the tv. If i recollect some people have had similar problems with certain tvs. If they are around they may be able to help. Searching through the tv display settings may help.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
It can't be a TV issue, I've had the box working on both in the last 3 days,

Just something has happened in between swapping it over that has set the box to a different resolution, that's the only thing that could have happened,

I'm guessing the link you supplies would fix this issue right away, only problem is I don't have any of the more options, do you have any idea why I can't see them or is it just the version of my box doesn't have it?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Maybe try setting auto-resolution on the good tv. Hopefully the setting will be saved as a default and you can try it on the naughty tv.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
I've tried it on both, one gives me about 30 seconds of a poor quality screen and the other nothing, so I can't see what I'm doing. I did just take a video to show you but it won't let me upload it.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
It's the only one I have with the smaller end so unfortunately not, it may be worth getting another but I was hopin some extra help might find a different fault that I could fix without needing a new one.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Smaller end? Does the droidbox q7 have mini hdmi output not full hdmi?

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
Yes, it does. I have plenty of hdmi cables lying around but unfortunately not one with a mini end.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Does the box support av leads? You could try those?
How old is this droidbox?
It is the q7 model right?
Send a picture of the back.
You could also try a factory reset.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
It does, I forgot that it came with them and have just tried, the picture quality is extremely poor but it works and stays on screen.

I'm not totally sure what model/year but I have had it around 5 months.

As the display shows up with the hdmi I am still lead to believe it's something to do with the box settings.

At least now I can see for more than 30 seconds to have a look to try and resolve the issue.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
@SilentlyScreaming @Qaisir. Or @shah nissar
Can you look at this one?
Our friend @x111josh say he has a 5 month old q7 droidbox which he says has a mini hdmi connection. I've suggested he try an av lead with some success.
I thought the q7 was discontinued some time ago and am surprised he says it has a mini hdmi connection. Anything you can add to this? Does this sound like a droidbox?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Excuse the delay. I'm betting it is actually an X7 model, not a Q7.
On the bottom of some X7 devices there is a label with... Q7 written on it. Comes like that from the factory and occasionally causes confusion. I've just double checked it isn't a case of faulty memory on my part, the X7 and X7 Ultimate have mini HDMI sockets, the actual Q7 device we used to sell has a full-sized HDMI socket on the back. Also the Q7 has a webcam, whereas the X7 doesn't.

Two solutions to this (quick and brutal or long winded)

Quick/Brutal: Factory reset. https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ . Hopefully the issue will be removed, though you'll then need to reload latest add-ons etc

Long-winded (might not work): Take the X7 to a friend's house, someone who has a different make and model of TV. Connect to their TV, and temporarily set it really low, 480 or 576 if they are offered. Return home with the device, plug it into one of your TVs, and when trying different resolutions, if you see nothing on screen, press NOTHING at all for about 15-20 seconds. The device will understand the video mode switch didn't work well on your TV and return to 480/576, enabling you to test another mode.

-=--=

If it is a DroidBOX device @x111josh then feel free to send us an e-mail, see my signature for details, don't forget to include the original order number, or the full address it was delivered to (and the name if not under yours) if you can't find the order number.

x111josh

Apr 6, 2016
Hi silent, thanks for getting back to me.

Currently I've got the box working fine using the AV cable, but still nothing With the hdmi and still getting the same issue where it lets me see a poor quality image for around 30 seconds then nothing.

I have tried the reeboot but each time I do it comes up with an image of the android 'thing' with its cheat opened and 'command unkown' or something similar below,

I will try to get hold of a new hdmi to min cable to see if the issue lies there.

Thanks,
Josh.