Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
I have a Droidbox Q7 and I don't use it too often but it seems every time I use it, the configuration seems to change. I can't find any sports streams anymore. It has got Kodi, XBMC and DBMC 15.2 installed and I don't have a clue how these programs or Apps work together or independently. I am familiar with using an Android Smartphone and using PlayStore to download Apps etc. I bought the Q7 to be able to stream Sports channels mainly but I really don't know how to do this reliably.
Is there a simple 'idiots' guide on what I should have installed and how to use whatever apps to stream sports channels? What is Kodi for? What is DBMC 15.2 for? What is XBMC for?
I have looked through this Forum but everything seems to get into very specific detail instead of giving a simple overview of how the Droidbox works and how these above apps work and how to keep it current and up to date.

Any help appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello geoff. Your best bet is to use a wizard like the "wookie" to set up your addons. Instructions on how to get it are here:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

It may already be present in dbmc kodi under either video addons or programs in which case just run it from there.

Use play store to download apps like bbc iplayer etc.

When you've done that come back on here and people can give you recommendations on the best sports addons and how to get them.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To answer your other question. XBMC is the old name for Kodi.
DBMC is droid boxes own tweaked version of Kodi.
You really only need 1 version installed.
Dbmc is as good as anything - look out for version 16 (Jarvis).
Uninstall any other versions as they are just consuming space.
Load the wookie on dbmc.

Reactions: ChrisM

Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
OK. I installed Wookie into Kodi (somehow !!) and now when I click on the Kodi icon Wookie opens. I have had a play with the Wookie and it does seem easier to find links to Movies and Sports streams. I am OK just using this Kodi/Wookie app and can delete XBMC or DBMC ?
How do I install or find streaming links to certain sports such as UFC fighting or Rugby Union?

Thanks for your help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you no longer need the "other" kodis then you can delete them.
With regard to the sports streams the best advice and what i did as a newbie is to play around and find out. Some addons carry named channels so if you know a particular game is on a particular channel you can look for it. Other addons aggregate feeds under headings like ufc/boxing, rugby union etc.
Start by looking at what the wookie has installed already under sports and tv

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Wookie is the name of the Wizard. Kodi is still the application you're using.

After using the Wookie Wizard there will be a wallpaper/image/graphic that shows when you start the Kodi application, which mentions Wookie, but this is the same as applying a sticker to your car, it is still the same machinery underneath.