martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
I requested the KitKat flash files from droidbox support which were supplied along with good instructions.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and the process seemed to go smoothly.
Drivers were loaded and found. All the notifications said successful during the flash.
The first start did take a long time, 20 mins or so. When the homescreen came on it didnt really look any different.
I checked the android version in settings and its still at 4.4.2.
None of the visual queus for kitkat are there either.

I connect to my home network by ethernet, not wifi so havent checked if that works.

If anyone / moderator can advise I could do with some advice.

Thanks

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Android KitKat started out as version 4.4, but it's since had various small updates in the form of 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and most recently Android 4.4.4..
to the best of my knowledge all boxes are running kitkat 4.4.2 and there are no firmaware updates beyond that.

Reactions: ChrisM

martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
My bad. Forgot KitKat came in at 4.4.x.
Good result then. I needed KitKat to install ms office. I'm experimenting using my droidbox as a windows PC replacement for general home / average user use.
IMO MS should have called windows mobile , home because it does most of what most people need. MS windows is for professional use and completely baffles most people.

martinofyre

Jan 7, 2015
Than
The homescreen you referred to is the default launcher we supply with the firmware you flashed, possibly the same as your last one.

If you want a more default Android look to the launcher, check some out at the Play Store. Check my list at the end of http://droidboxforums.com/threads/spmc.663/ for a few suggestions.
Thanks for the suggestions. This actually ties in nicely with another post I put in yesterday concerning launchers, perhaps you could take a look at that.

Reactions: ChrisM