Nov 2, 2014
hi everyone
got a q7 android box spmc
all works fine but no sound ???
anyone tell me what i should do
thanks

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
long shot, press up on volume control on remote, no idea why but it can bring the sound back on

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
sorry
tried that but ????
going by the reset button on the underside it could be x7??

regards
mike

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
@cpearl Check the page here - https://droidbox.co.uk/choose-your-droidbox.html to be certain which device you have. If the recovery switch is on the bottom, it is probably an X7. Did you purchase it from our site, or via eBay/Amazon? If eBay/Amazon, which seller is listed on your reciept?
yes think so its on its way back to you
i am confused as to wha it is
it has the reset button underside which looks like the x7
but has q7 sticker underside but it is not sqaure like the q7

but it is the same shape ect as x7 but stamped q7
hope this rabble makes sense
regards
mike

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
I know we had a few devices that had the wrong sticker applied to them when a new member of staff joined, that could have been what happened.
it should be with you this morning and hopefully get back tommorow
up and running again
dont know if i like the look of the new menus kinda got used to the old style
just be a matter of getting used to it i suppose
cheers
mike

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It will have been tested before it left the office. Are you using the HDMI cable to connect it to your TV? If so, please try connecting to a different TV and check if the sound then works.
If you're using an amplifier, or the AV cable, please try just using the HDMI cable by itself, and connect it directly to your TV.

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
still the same tried 3 different tvs
android q7 sticker but has the rset button underside
i have loaded core addonns on the first box in androidsticks ??
is this the right core for this box
silver and black with the rubber areil
regards
mike

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
furthar
its defo q7 badged under side ??
but looks exactly like x7 and the reset button on underside
regards
mike

cpearl

Nov 2, 2014
hello again
i have just came back from my sons house
he has the same box as mine
his has updated and everthing ok
i unplugged his and put mine in with all his cables
and still the same no sound so there seems to be a fault with this
or am i puuting wrong addons on it
i put the first core add onns on

to see where we can go from here
now you did say this was a brand new box this is the second time
this has been sent back could it be a faulty batch

regards
mike

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
AndroidSticks? Did you try the DroidBOX Wizard?
As mentioned, it sound as though you received an X7 which had the wrong sticker (Q7) applied to it - we had a new member of staff get the model names mixed up, sorry.
Can you test something for me please? Whilst a video is playing, but not sound comes out, can you grab a pair of headphones (any will do), and plug them into the AV socket on the back please? If sound doesn't come out, we can be fairly certain this is a configuration issue. If your headphones do play the audio you'd expect from the video, there is a remote chance the X7 has a dry joint somewhere around the HDMI socket. Our office can get quite warm with all the technology in there, which can slightly flex the circuit board. I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm struggling to imagine what else could cause this.
Ah, one moment. Can you please open this link on your X7 (using the Android browser application), http://bit.ly/DBxcpearl and then select MX Player and "Just Once". If you get sound from your TV, we know the issue is exclusively found in XBMC.

Smiler55

Feb 3, 2015
AndroidSticks? Did you try the DroidBOX Wizard?
As mentioned, it sound as though you received an X7 which had the wrong sticker (Q7) applied to it - we had a new member of staff get the model names mixed up, sorry.
Can you test something for me please? Whilst a video is playing, but not sound comes out, can you grab a pair of headphones (any will do), and plug them into the AV socket on the back please? If sound doesn't come out, we can be fairly certain this is a configuration issue. If your headphones do play the audio you'd expect from the video, there is a remote chance the X7 has a dry joint somewhere around the HDMI socket. Our office can get quite warm with all the technology in there, which can slightly flex the circuit board. I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm struggling to imagine what else could cause this.
Ah, one moment. Can you please open this link on your X7 (using the Android browser application), http://bit.ly/DBxcpearl and then select MX Player and "Just Once". If you get sound from your TV, we know the issue is exclusively found in XBMC.
Hi I am having exactly the same issue as Mike but mine has only only just stopped giving off sound but as you mention above it does work with head phones plugged in how would I be able to fix this issue? Mine is the Q7

Thanks
Ian

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Double check the volume setting is definitely turned all the way up please (embarrassing to admit, but I've done troubleshooting steps on a device of mine before, just to eventually notice that little fingers (our kids) had turned the volume right down!)
Can you also exit XBMC, and using the Android browser application visit http://bit.ly/DBxcpearl and then select MX Player and "Just Once". If sound works for that, then the issue is within XBMC.
Another thing to check is that the HDMI cable is securely attached at both ends. If you have another TV, would you mind trying the Q7 on that?
Finally, if you have another HDMI cable somewhere in the house, can you temporarily swap them over? If it just a damaged cable, we can replace that.
If none of that helps and there is no sound outside of XBMC, send us an e-mail please ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/