Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi, had my Q7 3 days, and was running fine, turned it on this afternoon and just would not go passed 4 coloured circles, tried a factory reset but droidbot with spinney thing popped up, with no choice of menu - data wipe factory reset, left it running and came back to 4 coloured circles just spinning continuously, what do I do next? thank you mat

Edit: fixed it I think, it was static IP address, (switched off static IP address to make fix) every time I start up this box it gets a new IP address, for P2P best results comes from a static IP address, and port forwarding, I believe.

I entered static IP address and all other relevant information in settings ie, subnet, gateway, dns and so on, entered IP address in hub along with port range, doubled checked every thing and I believe I got it all right, all other ports I have forwarded have worked fine,

Is there anything special or different about the android Q7 DroidBOX that I/we should know about port forwarding,

The factory reset? good thing it did not work this time, could that be IP settings stopping that?
or do I need to do something else for that to work, followed instructions on how to do factory reset, thanks, mat.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've never come across those two (manual IP and factory resets) involved in the same issue. This is just a quick note to let you know we've read your post, and are looking into it.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Rather than setting a manual IP address from the Q7, you could check if you're able to reserve the address on your modem/router. Have a look around the DHCP area in your modem/router's admin interface. Some modem/routers show you which devices are connected and have an address from the DHCP pool, and the device's MAC address. You can then enter the IP address you want to be reserved along with the MAC address, this then has the same effect as manually setting the IP address on your device directly.
Which apps or add-ons are you using that require ports to be opened up?

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
the P2P app. it works fine without port forwarding, but as I know nothing, I was told it would work better with the port open, I do love to try new things out, and as I cant do much physically, and also a little forgetful(thick) I tend to give new stuff to me a go :)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, check out all the pages your modem/router's admin interface offer. You may find a way to reserve an IP address for your Q7, rather than demand it from the other end.

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
hi, found reserve DHCP and done that, but while I was working on that I remembered I was working with, lets call it older tech, so I simply port forwarded DroidBox port 8080, and AceStream port 6821, switched DroidBOX and Ethernet off(powerline) then switched DroidBOX back on waited for it to load, then switched Ethernet back on and correct port 16 loaded, was only way to do it back in the olds lol :) no idea if this has done any good but here's hoping, mat

Reactions: ChrisM