dangerzone777

Mar 26, 2016
Hi All,

Updated the new firmware and having issues with the sound.

At the Droidbox main menu and you use the arrow key to select an app (no sound)

I go into settings and click on one of the category's and use the arrow keys to select something in there (no sound). This is also effecting Kodi when I play a movie I get no sound aswell

When I click on display select HDMI mode and select one of modes i.e 1920 x 1080p- 50 it works but when I switch my box off and switch it on (no sound). At main menu on android box and Kodi.

When I click on display select HDMI mode and select one of modes i.e Auto it works but when I switch my box off and switch it on (no sound). At main menu on Android box and Kodi.

I have reinstalled the firmware, rebooted it and am still having issues with the sound.

Any help much appreciated.

dangerzone777

Mar 26, 2016
Hi,

Just an update about the above, from the droid box main menu I go into settings and select HMDI output and you have the option to set it to auto or choose a manual setup. Every time I turn my droid box on I have to either set it to auto or manual to get the sound. The sound I'm loosing is still in the droid box main menu and Kodi.

Any solution's to why this happens.

Many thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Apologies for the delay in responding to you. Let's start with some basics if the issue remains:

1) Temporarily swap to a different HDMI cable (from another device in your home if you don't have a spare). If this sorts it, e-mail us and I'll get a new one sent out to you.
2) Try a different HDMI socket on your TV if it has more than one. If this fixes it, consider putting some masking tape over the original HDMI socket on your telly.
3) If possible (bedroom/friend) connect your DroidBOX to a completely different TV (different model and make if possible). If this resolves it, let us know the make and model of your normal TV and we'll go from there.

Final quick thing to check, can you go to Android's Settings (if there is a More Settings option, you may need to dig down into that). Look for a Sound entry, I've noticed on some devices that the volume sliders have split into individually adjustable categories. Worth double checking they're all set to sensible levels.

dangerzone777

Mar 26, 2016
Hi,

I've tried all the above silent screaming and still no joy. I have also spoke to David via droid support and still couldn't solve it and he stated that it was a test version and look into it a future date.

Thanks for your help.