Paul Bedson

Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys I have just purchased this box second hand Zedo QBOX Android 6 Smart TV BOX Amlogic S905 2GB 16GB Q-BOX 4K Dual 5G Wifi Bluetooth Quad Core Speed
It is running 5.1 android firmware and I wish to update it to the latest it will run now I did try to update the box with usb burning tool and an image I downloaded but the burning tool did not recognise the box tried different combinations with usb in and pressing the reset button to doing it with the power button and nothing . I don't even know if I've got the correct firmware as when I go into system info and model it says Mbox ? Hope you can get the just of my problem thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think your best bet is to ask tbe box supplier via their support or user forum.
The issue is that just because a generic firmware is advertised as being compatible with a processor (e.g. s905) there is no guarantee that it will work on your specific box.
You could also check the freaktab site to see if anyone has posted a firmware for your particular box.
Droidbox post firmware updates for their boxes on this forum but again no guarantee of compatibility with your box.
At any rate, before further tinkering, make sure you do a full system back up so you can restore it in the event you brick it.

Paul Bedson

Oct 9, 2018
I think your best bet is to ask tbe box supplier via their support or user forum.
The issue is that just because a generic firmware is advertised as being compatible with a processor (e.g. s905) there is no guarantee that it will work on your specific box.
You could also check the freaktab site to see if anyone has posted a firmware for your particular box.
Droidbox post firmware updates for their boxes on this forum but again no guarantee of compatibility with your box.
At any rate, before further tinkering, make sure you do a full system back up so you can restore it in the event you brick it.
Thanks for the reply much appreciated