DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
when i bought my box it was advertised or described as above,( quad core RK3188 BOX ) but is not mentioned in the forums which title does this model come under in the forums please thanks in advance

DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
Thanks gez 18 this is my first post and there will be others i hope they are all answered as qick

DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
Thanks Jigger i have checked and it looks the same as the x7 in your link (and after looking at other links about the position of the reset button mine is on the base which confirms it is a x7 ) but last years model (late november ) with android instead of droidbox on the top and a different remote control I have 2 boxes bought a couple of weeks apart 1 upstairs and 1 down stairs, and am trying to install the latest XBMC update. one as worked with the latest addons and skins ect, and one has installed with the default confluence skin and all the other skins are broken, but it has the latest addons. in video addons, still working on this problem. DOUG

DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind offer I bought 2 RK 3188 OR X7 ( is there any difference ) boxes off a company now called DROIDSTICKS which have a wizard incorperated that allows me to get all their latest addons ,fixes, and updates by either doing a factory reset or clearing data and running their wizard, which is obviously a very useful asset that I don't want to lose. I made the mistake of thinking that this forum was linked to them and downloaded the GOTHAM 13.1 VERSION OF XBMC off this website ( which is working beautifully, ) after having a problem downloading and exstracting their latest updates using the DROIDSTICKS wizard ( it kept stopping and saying to click on OK and reboot as if it had installed correctly after only exstracting about 10%. The downside of using the GOTHAM 13.1 OFF THIS SITE DROIDBOX is that I lose the advantage ( I THINK ) of the lifetime guarantee of the latest updates ect from DROIDSTICKS anyway thats the history of the problem I have to resolve. The question I would like to ask you is , both the boxes have a pulsating blue x on start up which allows me to do a factory reset and restore to original state and then run the wizard, is there a limit to the amount of times that it can be factory reset as this seems to work better than clearing data and then running the wizard. Thanks in advance

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No real limit on the number of factory restores, but check with DroidStick's support, see if they can think why it requires this much.
Their Wizard and ours share a lot of the same data, in general if there Wizard is updated and fixes added etc, then ours will be at the same sort of time, and vice versa.
The server that the files are hosted on is 3rd party - when it gets slower or goes offline, the Wizard can fail or just be very slow. The uptime and speed has improved compared to the servers we were using in the first half of last year. We aim to keep availability as high as possible, but sometimes the hosting company has unavoidable downtime.
If you ever speak to their support team, they may want to know if any labels is on the bottom of your X7, and if so, what it says.

Reactions: DOUG COOPER

DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
You are correct about proof of purchase ( RE LABELS ON BOTTOM ) I had to send proof of purchase from ebay history.
Thank you for your in depth reply, very useful for me and many other readers learning about these devices

Reactions: ChrisM