james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, i have had this unit for a week or two now, although because of work ive not had loads of time to use it, i am currently using Pulse built and seems very good, also seems to come with a huge amount of apps.

I was wondering, any changes i make in kodi within android, i.e install apps that wern't in the build or uninstall apps, does that also mirror in open elec or is it completely different?

I was going to install sportsdevil within android but then thought because i have no browser in openelec, how do i install it there?

I was also wondering about backing things up, so if a new version of pulse comes out and i want to keep any bookmarks, apps that didnt come with the build etc, can i back everything up? and does it do it for both android kodi and open elec kodi?

Do backups save on the internal memory or do you do it all on a sdcard etc?

thanks

james

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The android kodi is separate to Openelec, so any changes aren't mirrored on that side.
Some people prefer openelec as it runs with no background apps running which can slow you down. That's why it reboots on start up. If you haven't run a wizard on that side I recommend the wookie lite and you can always add more your self later.