Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Hello
Just getting to terms with my new T8S Plus and have a quick couple of questions about the differences between 5.1.1 and 4.4.2 .

In 4.4.2 I was able to pull down at the top of the screen to see notifications such as if IP Vanish was connected etc.
Does 5.1.1 not have this ? I cant pull down at the top of the screen any more .... or is this a setting somewhere.
I have IP Vanish running but its still showing my normal location and I cant see the icon at the top of the screen to see if it is connected or not ?
It also used to show if there were any updates etc ... is this handy pull down bar gone in Droidbox 5.1.1 .... I have different make of box with 5.1.1 upstairs which still has the drop bar at the top .
It was a handy feature ?

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No notification bar, not something we have decided, the chip manufacturer released their files in this way.
We too hope they'll release an updated version with notification area and a way to get navigation buttons up, if that happens we'll get it integrated into a firmware and release as OTA.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for that .... it is easier to see whats going on with a notification bar, a quick glance lets you see whats running or if my IP Vanish is connected etc .

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Haven't had a chance to test it on a Lollipop or Marshmallow device specifically, but I bookmarked https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.larvalabs.flow , could be worth a look. If it asks whether you want to use Always or Just Once, DEFINITELY select Just Once until you know for sure that it works well enough, as it seems to be a launcher replacement, with notifications bought onto the homescreen, a bit like with some Android phone manufacturers' launchers.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Haven't had a chance to test it on a Lollipop or Marshmallow device specifically, but I bookmarked https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.larvalabs.flow , could be worth a look. If it asks whether you want to use Always or Just Once, DEFINITELY select Just Once until you know for sure that it works well enough, as it seems to be a launcher replacement, with notifications bought onto the homescreen, a bit like with some Android phone manufacturers' launchers.

Mmm interesting ... I'll have a look at that .
I'll tell you what else I miss is the dials that told you how much memory and storage , cpu usage etc that was on the old T8S on 4.4.2 .
I seem to remember a thread about them before asking if we liked them or not.
My preference was that I liked them obviously lol ... again it was just handy to see how much memory or storage there was with out going through the menus.
Ive not really had much time to play with the new box yet though
I need to re-autherize my debrid account . :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Make sure you regularly connect to Google play to update any apps. Auto update no longer works with lollipop.

Reactions: Minkbomb