Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone.. i just got my DroidBOX today and couldn't wait to have it but I had some issues with it like I can't inter my city name in the weather widgets I think it might be down now I am not sure and one serious issue is the device rebooting after every minute when I am working on kodi and finally the play store log out when I am looking for some apps like kino tv ?? Please help and if there's some how I can post videos for this problems

Reactions: isaacsgeorge

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks but any idea why it keep restarting when I am using kodi or log out from Google play!?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Am not sure or familiar with the rebooting issues wahed v, can only suggest clearing data in kodi or even updating firmware thru the ota updater app. Good luck

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks. It's just new device but I will email them and wait otherwise I will return it for any issues earlier

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Play Store - need to allow the app to update itself and possibly Play Services if searching causes it to crash. Need to be careful with the terms used Play Store has crashed and returned you to the homescreen. A reboot would be when the entire device powers down and up again.

Regarding Kodi, could you check if DroidBOX Media Centre (DBMC) also does the same?

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Silently Screaming.. i did reset to the box and everything is fine now thanks ... but it's normal that every time I turn on the box take like a two minute to optimise the applications

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No, I've seen the apps optimizing message pop up sometimes, but not each time. You haven't got any tools wiping Android's cache have you? As with other thread, send us an e-mail (with your order ID included) to [email protected] , we'll track down the cause of the issue. If you could include the names of any Android applications installed by yourself, we might be able to pinpoint the culprit.

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Sorry but I have this issue and I don't know what should I do with the box so is there any help aging for fixing that rebooting?? It's not cause of power cause it's restart few times and then stop

Wahed v

Aug 24, 2016
Hi .. so we will have chat here in one place please.... after I did beta firmware I couldn't reboot to android but I did reset to the box and I can switch between them now ok but I get the rebooting issue again... I turn on the box and it's work for two minutes and restart again working for two minutes and restart for third time and then working ok .... like restart for two times every time I switch it on ???

isaacsgeorge

Apr 19, 2017
Hi everyone.. i just got my DroidBOX today and couldn't wait to have it but I had some issues with it like I can't inter my city name in the weather widgets I think it might be down now I am not sure and one serious issue is the device rebooting after every minute when I am working on kodi and finally the play store log out when I am looking for some apps like kino tv ?? Please help and if there's some how I can post videos for this problems

I have the same problem with the Kodi box. I have

I have the same problem with the Kodi box. I have installed Kodi 17.1 from the Playstore and this works. However in the middle of using the box, it suddenly shuts off and reboots to the home page.
Is this a known bug and what is the solution to it?

isaacsgeorge

Apr 19, 2017

I have the same problem with the Kodi box. I have installed Kodi 17.1 from the Playstore and this works. However in the middle of using the box, it suddenly shuts off and reboots to the home page.
Is this a known bug and what is the solution to it?