isaacsgeorge

Apr 19, 2017
Hi mate,

I purchased the Droidbox TS8 version 1. It originally came with the DBCM Kodi version 16.
From the time I started using the box, I kept getting rebooting issues, This is when while running, the box would suddenly stop and reboot to the home page. I use wireless and Cat 6e cable to my fibre optic router.
I then deleted Kodi 16 and upgraded to Kodi 17.1 Krypton which I'm running now. I have the identical problem of the Droidbox rebooting suddenly.
Apart from this problem, this is a great product.
What I need from the Droidbox developers is fix for this hugely annoying issue.
Is this a known fault? If so, is Droidbox planning to provide a fix asap?
Thanks for your help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Is this when running Kodi only or other apps?
Are we talking about a total reboot or just getting kicked back to the home page?
I occasionally get kicked out of Kodi on a t8s plus (v1) but not on a regular basis.
You might try a factory reset and see if that clears things up.

isaacsgeorge

Apr 19, 2017
Is this when running Kodi only or other apps?
Are we talking about a total reboot or just getting kicked back to the home page?
I occasionally get kicked out of Kodi on a t8s plus (v1) but not on a regular basis.
You might try a factory reset and see if that clears things up.

Hi Nigelar,

What happens is a total reboot back to Android reboot process. This occurs on a regular basis around every 1 - 2 hours on average. How do you go about doing a factory reset? Thanks

isaacsgeorge

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Nigelar,

What happens is a total reboot back to Android reboot process. This occurs on a regular basis around every 1 - 2 hours on average. How do you go about doing a factory reset? Thanks

This unexpected reboot occurs almost every time I log onto the home page. It starts and then reboots back to Android login (total reboot). It also occurs when I am running Kodi 17

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi, where do I go to turn the video acceleration off? Thanks for your help
Hardware (video) acceleration works differently in Kodi 17 compared to previous versions ( better support for amlogic chips).
If you need to experiment, go to Kodi settings - player - video. Scroll down to the processing section. There are 2 acceleration options to tweak. Play around and see if it makes any difference.
If you mess up, at the bottom of the page there is a restore to defaults button.

However, if your problem happens outside Kodi in native android, this is unlikely to be the cause.

Reactions: sblabs

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@isaacsgeorge Factory reset, then run the OTA app to check for any firmware updates.
After that, install one or two apps and add-ons at a time. If it still gives problems, drop us an email with your order number or full delivery address and we'll see what could be causing it.

OTA app: