Bruce Joseph

Oct 11, 2016
Installed the latest OTA update for the T8 Mini a couple of days ago and glad to say the location on the homescreen is working well. I get the correct information for my location which is Shanklin IOW that's pretty impressive. Thanks!

Reactions: David Savage

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again,
Is there a new update for T8 Mini I am missing? Im running Jarvis n16.1 in Opewnelec. Been using my new box for the last month and theres been no new updates yet - well the last time I looked was two weeks ago? any advice please

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes there was an update a few days ago. You can get it from the Droidbox blog. I thought everyone had an email advertising it (well at least I did). It provided the t8 mini Librelec with Kodi 16.1. If I recollect, you had a machine which somehow got loaded with an updated openelec with Kodi 16.1 which was not available to the general public.
You can choose to update (it fixes a few other things) or if you are content with what you have, leave things as they are.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Nigelar - Thanks for that. As you already know Ive got Jarvis 16.1 Openelec. I dont mind updating to the new one - but Im always worried about stability and ive been reading a lot of problems with the update on the T8 S. So can you or anyone tell me how stable it is please and if there is any issues.

Also - ive read that Factory reset is always best before an update? is this really needed or would the update be fine without doing that?
Sorry for asking but I would hate it going wrong.

Regards
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I too have the same f/w on my T8 mini with openelec 6.9.5 beta (i think) with kodi 16.1 and imo its a more stable version than LibreElec anyway and am in no rush to update. With all the hoo ha going on with the updates (if it aint broke, dont fix it) that is my opinion only. Good luck whatever you choose to do Dave.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Sean99 - Thanks for that. I think what I will do is keep an eye out for messages relating to the update - Good or Bad and then decide.
I know its good to update but I was not liking the "wipe Data" advise - even though its the best thing to do Ive got all my addons installed just right.
So Ill leave it for now until a while later. If I see messages shouting from the rooftops about it then Ill take the leap.
But I do have Jarvis 16.1 and kodi latest so I dont think I will experience any addon incompatibilities (famous last words)
Cheers for the advice

Nigelar - as you said - Leave things as they are. Thanks
Dave

Michael Robinson

Nov 5, 2016
Hi again,
Is there a new update for T8 Mini I am missing? Im running Jarvis n16.1 in Opewnelec. Been using my new box for the last month and theres been no new updates yet - well the last time I looked was two weeks ago? any advice please

Installed the latest OTA update for the T8 Mini a couple of days ago and glad to say the location on the homescreen is working well. I get the correct information for my location which is Shanklin IOW that's pretty impressive. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T350 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Cheers Michael - any other improvements that you have found using the new update?
Thanks for letting me know
Dave