ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It has come to our attention that a batch of X7s had an out of date XBMC installed at the factory. If you find that only audio is present, with no video in XBMC when viewing media, our sincere apologies. We've adjusted our procedures to ensure this won't happen again.

Below are the steps required to install the correct version. It involves uninstalling the current XBMC application, downloading and then opening one file.
If you would prefer us to perform the steps for you, please click on the Help & Support icon on your device's homescreen.§1

Make a note of the 9 digit number and leave the application on screen, next please visit http://www.droidbox.co.uk where you'll find an online chat system in the bottom right corner of the page. If you start a chat with us and let us know the number & the reason for your chat, we can then log in to your device and perform the procedure for you. You will need to accept the requests presented by your X7.

Steps required to reconfigure your device without our assistance:
  • Please turn on your device and then click on the Settings icon §2
  • Select the last tab and click on More Settings
  • Click the Apps sub-menu, scroll down to and then select XBMC
  • Select the uninstall button and confirm you're certain
  • Once this process completes, return to the launcher's homescreen, and open the browser
  • Visit http://bit.ly/DBxOct2014 and when asked, select Browser then click on Just Once
  • After the download has completed, click on the notification area (bottom right corner), and select the entry confirming the download has completed
  • Click on the APK file listed, and confirm you want to install it
  • Once this has completed, the process is complete
  • If you have not run the DroidBOX Wizard in XBMC before, please visit https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-oct-2014/ to learn more
§1 If you have elected to use the Android launcher, rather than our custom launcher, please open the list of all installed Android applications, then scroll to and select the QS app instead.
§2 If you have elected to use the Android launcher, rather than our custom launcher, please open the list of all installed Android applications, then scroll to and select the Settings instead.

In either case, we're sorry if you did receive an X7 where video is not displayed in XBMC. Should you have any queries, please do e-mail us, send a message via our chat system, or leave a reply in this thread.

Robert kidd

Oct 21, 2014
Has anybody managed to do this successfully yet? I've tried this procedure and downloaded the file but can't get it to install. Currently waiting for someone to get in touch with further instructions.

ANDY BOTTOMLEY

Oct 16, 2014
I Have done this and it has started to play videos as it should ,still a few tweeks to do but being new i am finding my feet slowly
Still bouncing back to main launcher ,2 to 3 times it takes ? but otherwise i am happy .

Andy

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Robert, did you contact us via e-mail?
With the APK not installing, could you let us know any error messages mentioned on screen, that may help to find the cause of the problem.
To complete this answering in reverse, yes we've had quite a few customers follow those steps, and it worked well. I'm sorry it hasn't gone smoothly for you, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Robert, did you contact us via e-mail?
With the APK not installing, could you let us know any error messages mentioned on screen, that may help to find the cause of the problem.
To complete this answering in reverse, yes we've had quite a few customers follow those steps, and it worked well. I'm sorry it hasn't gone smoothly for you, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Robert kidd

Oct 21, 2014
I contacted you via online chat, after following the instructions given without success. I got as far as downloading the Gotham apk file but it wouldn't install. I then had someone, Jermaine I think, take over remotely and he got as far as me, unable to install. This was Wednesday and he said he would have to contact his manager who would be intouch via email.
However, since then I have been playing around with it and have been able to install xbmc directly from their website which had me wandering if the file was corrupted or the installer? Reading the next comment here I tried installing the file on my android phone - no problems at all, installed perfectly!
Went back to x7 box and uninstalled xbmc and default apk installer, downloaded a different apk installer from play store, extracted file and installed your update without any problems! Currently updating everything via wizard but fingers crossed all now seems ok,
Will let you know further if anymore problems.

Flyingboy75

Oct 18, 2014
I have tried this update with my x7 but a lot of the channels don't work it comes up in bottom right corner script error and a Red Cross.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Check the steps mentioned here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/uk-isps-blocking-content-how-to-remove/ if your ISP is Virgin or BT. If you use a different company then check if they "offer" a family-friendly sort of filter that you can opt out of.
Some of the shortcuts the Wizard installed on XBMC's homescreen already don't work, as is the case with these free add-ons and streams. If you head to Media Portal and then open Genesis, Mash Up, Navi-X and Sports Devil, you'll often find the vast majority of your films/TV series/Sports events covered. For anything else, check the other add-ons listed there.

Leerfc

Nov 15, 2014
My XBMC has went to 'preparing first run, please wait' all of a sudden for some reason, now after that loads up it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens? Help :(!

Eugene

Jul 16, 2014
Try going to Settings -> Apps -> XBMC -> select clear Data and Clear cache. And run XBMC agan

Viv Anderson

Feb 13, 2015
Help please, i have just purchsed X 7 and there is no XBMC in the apps i cannot indstall teh wizard or complete set up, does anyone know how to get the app?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Viv Anderson

Feb 13, 2015
I had a live chat with Jermaine, who sent me the instructions how to install XBMC however now some systems are asking for updates, and i dont know how to do them,?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Daz12102014

Feb 22, 2015
Hello I got the x7 and in xbmc all the video add ons don't work I click on link for stream and it says working then nothing happens then also some come up saying or they come up saying one or more items failed to play check the log file for details can anyone help

Noblington

Mar 15, 2015
I'm having similar problem to the one mentioned above (items failed. Check log file) on genesis and Istream. It was all working fine earlier so not sure what has changed. Can anyone advise how to fix?

I have tried turning off and on again and I have checked the router to ensure all working properly. I'm not aware of any blockers by my broadband service provider (sky).

I am also getting script errors on some other add ons (flixanity and ice films) but found I could manage with genesis and Istream. Now these are not working my viewing is pretty much limited to show box.