spidey

Jan 25, 2018
I have downloaded reddit app from play store and when I launch it I cannot mouse over to the user I’d and password login section I am using a Bluetooth keyboard that I,purchased with the device.

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
I click on Home to get to login or signup screen. Finally by selecting inbox I can get a login screen to come up Tab worked to get data into userid and ow fiend however still can’t click login on the screen I am using the keyboard that came with the android box

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you enter the password and then press TAB once, then try RETURN/ENTER or the Space Bar, still no joy?

If your remote control has an OK button, does it also have a Left Mouse Button on there? Some of the controllers have both, in which case when using the on screen cursor, don't use OK, it will click wherever the keyboard focus is.

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
If you enter the password and then press TAB once, then try RETURN/ENTER or the Space Bar, still no joy?

If your remote control has an OK button, does it also have a Left Mouse Button on there? Some of the controllers have both, in which case when using the on screen cursor, don't use OK, it will click wherever the keyboard focus is.
Ok now I can get logged in by using TAB key to enter userid and password however can’t seem to get the search bar to allow data entry nor can I select the icons on the bottom that get me to the favorites I have saved. Just seems like the mouse isn’t working on the controller in this app like it does with all the other apps.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you try borrowing a normal USB mouse for a few minutes? As in from another device in the house or even borrowing one from a friend for an evening. Connect it, see if clicking buttons with the USB mouse's left mouse button behaves as expected.

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
Can you try borrowing a normal USB mouse for a few minutes? As in from another device in the house or even borrowing one from a friend for an evening. Connect it, see if clicking buttons with the USB mouse's left mouse button behaves as expected.
Will do gotta see if I can find one since don’t have any laying around the house. Not sure why Reddit has this problem but I think also Speedtest had a similar issue, not seeing problem with other apps.

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
OK tried a wired usb mouse and behaves same way. There are sections of the app that one can not type in or select. Really getting frustrated with this. BTW aware you aware of anyway to update the android level on the box??

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not got one, so haven't delved into the firmware side of things, it might be quickest to email DroidBOX support with your order number and postcode to double check.
As for interacting with the applications, if a USB mouse can't access those areas either, there is something wrong/unusual with the app itself. If you install it on an Android phone/tablet, are you able to "click" the buttons/search boxes with your finger? It sounds as though it might be worth searching for other people who have noticed this issue with the app, and perhaps approaching the support team for the application.