chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
I wonder if anyone can help while i'm waiting for customer services to try and sort a problem with a recent purchase of a Mxq pro v2 device.Got the box up and running with the new firmware update all seemed fine till i had a quick look at the registration detail in the config app. These were not mine but someone else the order number and email unknown to myself.Does anyone have any idea about clearing these settings .Would be handy to know i suppose if you ever want to sell the box on.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you will need to talk this through with Droidbox support either phone, email, or use the live chat option. Contact details at foot of this page or on main Dbx page.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
I think its more complicated than it appears,Did contact them last Friday still waiting on a solution to this.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try going in to your settings > Apps > find the control center app and force stop then clear data.
As Nigelar says it may be one for the Droidbox support team.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes. There was another thread on this topic the other day. I think the registration details are stuck on a server there out in la-la land. Don't think there is anything you can do on the box to remove them hence the need for Dbx involvement.

Reactions: angela

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Here was the advice from @ChrisM from Dbx

Please drop request in an email to [email protected]
Don't post it up here, but include in the e-mail, please, order ID, both interesting numbers from the bottom of the case (if present, MAC and Serial number). If I'm right, the data isn't being read from your device each time, but an external server, so (unless an updated Control Centre from the playstore allowed re-registering with new details after the (updated already) app's data is cleared), checking if a server can be accessed and updated may be the next step.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for the replies.All I can do is wait and see if it can be sorted.The only concern I have is if I have received someones box is surely isnt brand new they have probably got mixed up and this other person has got mine.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
No, don't think that'll have been the case, we've got a few cases where customer's data has uploaded to the server but then been stored in the wrong (insert correct term here, not a programmer) bit (table? field?). Our refurbished models are all sold as such, from the Bargain Corner page (or if on eBay it will clearly state Refurb/Refurbished in the title).

We've not forgotten about this, I think we should get somewhere early next week. I'm hoping to get direct access to the data so then we'll be able to sort these out properly and quickly.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for clarifying this a bit better for me.I'm sure it will be put right.Customer services have been excellent in the past when i had a couple of problems which only they could rectify.

Reactions: David Savage

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Hi,

I'm trying to clear my order id and email from DroidBOX Control Centre Register section as well, on a T8-S so I can sell it on.

Do we know how to do this yet?

Clear instructions from DroidBOX would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
You will need to get in touch with customer service .In my case the device was sent back and exchanged .I wouldn't hold much hope in you getting any joy regarding clearing details to resell.

Reactions: Fritz-69

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We can clear the data you've previously registered if you contact us via email. It took a lot longer than expected to regain write access to this database, but shouldn't be a problem now.
If people need to do this, email [email protected] and include the order ID for the device, clearly state what you would like done, and if the order ID can't be found, give the exact full name and address it was delivered to, should be enough.