1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstalling Windows 10 on an Internal Hard Drive

Discussion in 'T11' started by Fritz-69, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Fritz-69

Fritz-69 Active Member

Ive just received the T11 win10 mini PC last week, and wont to know if i can reinstall / Transfer the OS to my 1tb Hard Drive ive installed.

I already am running out of storage space for windows updates, not able to install the anniversary update etc on the 32 gb internal storage (only 7gb left).

This is surprisingly a great mini PC and would be a shame if storage space prevented it from updates etc.

2. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

We're testing alternative ways to get the large update installed. Regarding switching to a different storage medium to boot from, I'll ask them to look into this at the same time.

3. Fritz-69

Fritz-69 Active Member

Thanks for the info.

I already have enabled all apps, downloads etc to go straight to my D:\ drive to save a bit of space on c:\

I've had a look in the BIOS, but cant see an option to boot from an alternative drive. I was looking at migration software of the OS, but without being able to boot from my Internal HDD, is pointless.