Acolyte

Feb 6, 2021
I bought a Droix T12 from Amazon in January, but it failed a couple of days ago, after 6 months use. I took it to a computer expert who diagnosed that an internal disc was faulty. Amazon have agreed to refund the cost (but not the expert's fee). Apart from this fault, I have been very happy with the T12 and would like to buy a replacement. However I am concerned that the Droix T12 may be inherently unreliable. Can anyone advise?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
If it was diagnosed as having a faulty drive, all you'd need to do is replace it. The T12 uses an mSATA SSD, so it is replaceable.
The caveat is that you need to disassemble the unit to access it. We wouldn't advise doing this unless you're comfortable with building computers.
Provided it's within warranty, we'd be willing to replace it for you. You could even buy an mSATA SSD of your own and send it to us alongside the unit to fit.

Additionally, do note for future purchases that even if it's been purchased from us through Amazon, you can still reach out to us at [email protected].

Acolyte

Feb 6, 2021
Thanks, BenDroiX. It was within warranty, which is why Amazon has promised a refund. I have now sent off the computer and expect to receive the money in a couple of days. Thanks for your offer to repair the computer, but it is now on its way back to amazon.

Also, it is very good to know that even if it's been purchased from us through Amazon, I can still reach out to you at [email protected].

I am very tempted to buy the same T12 again. It did crash every now and then - less recently than when it was new - but its specs were just what I needed.