Cobber

Mar 12, 2017
I have noticed that the Droidshare Tv Mirror function stops working and the device can no longer be found when IPvanish is connected. The other remote functions still work though. Is there a work around to get the tvmirror fuction to work whilst connected to IPvanish?

marcstck

May 8, 2017
I'm having some trouble with the iOS app. It works fine on the Droid Box user interface, and I can navigate in Kodi 17 using the on-screen buttons, but the cursor and keyboard don't work. The keyboard comes up, but typing anything into it results in nothing.

The cursor shows up on the screen, and I can move it using the touchpad, but can't select anything with it.

Any workarounds for this? I have some IOS Kodi remote apps, but it's a pain having to switch back and forth.

Oh, I'm using a TS8 mini.

marcstck

May 8, 2017
Any iPhone/iPad users in our community have thoughts on this?

@marcstck The DroidBOX itself is updated already? (OTA Updates and then Play Store)
OTA Update:
(same steps for the T8 Mini)

Play Store (on the DroidBOX):
https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/first-run-of-googles-play-store/

The DroidBOX Share client on your Apple hardware was from their store, no updates waiting there?
Yes, all boxes and apps are updated. The boxes came with android 5, I used OTA to update to the latest android version. Share app is the latest update on both the android boxes and the iPhone.

Would be great if this bug could get worked out.

Also noticed that once a VPN is activated the Share app no longer recognizes the Mini box. I suppose this makes sense, as the network ID would have changed… Does make the app a lot less useful, though…

To clarify the above point, if the VPN is activated with the Share app, the box continues to be recognized. Once opening Kodi and then quitting out of it, though, the Share app can't find the box. This after closing the Share app and switching to a virtual Kodi remote app in order to properly navigate Kodi.

In other words, the Share app, once closed after a VPN has been activated, can't find the box again when reopened…

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
(Local) network access on Android devices does seem to be problematic with many Android applications. Using OpenVPN worked well for me when testing recently, so it might be worth swapping to that protocol if your VPN supplier supports it. You may find the configuration instructions/OVPN files needed within their section for creating a VPN connection on a modem/router, some VPN companies don't seem to mention using OpenVPN in Android as an option.
In case it helps, I used "OpenVPN for Android" by Arne Schwabe from the PlayStore to use the OVPN files.

@marcstck Would it be possible to test the DroidBOX Share app on a different model of iPhone or iPad (perhaps if a friend pops round)? I'd like to see which variable(s) stop everything from working as expected.

marcstck

May 8, 2017
Hi, just tried the Share app using the latest version iPad Air with IOS 10.3.1, and encountered the same problems as with the iPhone.

Just to recap, with the VPN is activated, the Share app, when opened, can't find the android box on the network.

If the VPN is activated using the Share app, the app continues to function. When switching over to Kodi, though, neither the keyboard nor cursor select actions function. The virtual keyboard shows up on the iPad screen, but any characters typed into it do not show up in Kodi.

If a virtual Kodi app is then opened in order to navigate Kodi, once exiting Kodi and reopening the Share, Share can no longer find the android box.

These are precisely the same problems I found when using the iPhone.