Wolfie

May 29, 2015
If I want to type in something using the cursor, when it is on the top line and I want to type say a letter T, that top line is also shared with numbers, so instead of typing letter T, it types in digit 2.
Even if I click the shift button, I can't stop it typing in digits instead of numbers on that top line.
Any ideas?

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Moved cursor to letter W, pressed ok and got the usual number 2 instead of a W, so pressed blue button, nothing, then pressed blue button and OK, nothing, will keep trying!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I you have an iPhone, go to the App Store and get the official Kodi remote its free and has a keyboard on it to.
It needs setting up, but its great when using it to forward and rewinding.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
It's easy to do, in xbmc go to system then services now go to webserver and on the right highlight Allow control.
Make a note if the port number.
Give it a name....say Kodi
Now a password
Now go to remote control...that should be under webserver
Highlight Allow program's on this system to control Kodi(xbmc)
One more thing is go to system on the main menu again and go to system info and make a note of your IP address.
Make sure in system and then service that your setting level is in Expert, just scroll onto it and click until it says Expert.

Now on the remote just copy these setting on to it, making sure everything is the same, now it should work.

Hope you can understand this.

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
I do unerstand it, thank you, whether I can put it into practice is another matter - cheers for taking the time to do that for me

Reactions: David Savage

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Followed instructions, input it onto iphone, got a green light, then suddenly it lost it and now can't reconnect, it's doing an endless search for it, so I'll restart the phone and see what happens

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also your IP address could change, unless you make it static.
Regarding the keyboard, I'd head to:

Settings
Other tab
More Settings
(scroll down)
Language & input

My current settings are:
upload_2015-6-3_10-5-32.png

Having clicked the AOSP entry above, I see

upload_2015-6-3_10-6-25.png

Can you check if your set up matches?

Wolfie

May 29, 2015
Will do soon as I get a sec, thank you, I invested in a keyboard so at least I've been able to get that working