Shaynep

Nov 17, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new to droid boxes.

I'm used to the old fashioned methods of downloading torrents, sticking them on a stick and watching through a media player.

I have to say my MX-q box is a god send and saved me hours of time and they are so easy to use I love mine.

Any way I have a mx-q box, mx-q stamped into the lid of the box, instructions say it's a mx-q ott tv box.

The remote control knocks the box off but it won't power back on via the remote. I have to unplug the power wire and plug it back in to get the box to power on again.

The Seller says all tv boxes are the same but I can't see that. Hoping someone can advise me???

All my to gear is hidden behind a tinted glass wall and to plug and unplug the box is a real pain for me, if I can't get a fix for it I will have to buy a remote controlled wall plug so I can turn power to the box on and off to restart it.

Im hoping there's a setting or remote retune or something I can do? TIA

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would go back to the seller of your box and tell them they are talking nonsense since my remote turns the box on and off. It is true though that some remotes (e.g. the airmouse) have to be programmed with some functions - done via the original remote.

Reactions: Bjbirch

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new to droid boxes.

I'm used to the old fashioned methods of downloading torrents, sticking them on a stick and watching through a media player.

I have to say my MX-q box is a god send and saved me hours of time and they are so easy to use I love mine.

Any way I have a mx-q box, mx-q stamped into the lid of the box, instructions say it's a mx-q ott tv box.

The remote control knocks the box off but it won't power back on via the remote. I have to unplug the power wire and plug it back in to get the box to power on again.

The Seller says all tv boxes are the same but I can't see that. Hoping someone can advise me???

All my to gear is hidden behind a tinted glass wall and to plug and unplug the box is a real pain for me, if I can't get a fix for it I will have to buy a remote controlled wall plug so I can turn power to the box on and off to restart it.

Im hoping there's a setting or remote retune or something I can do? TIA
Hi

First make sure that your box is actually turned OFF and not went into the sleep state.

RED LED-OFF
BLUE LED-ON/sleep state

On some boxes first power(plug) needs to be done by pressing button on the box itself,then your box can be turned OFF/ON with the remote

Please message the results

Regards

Shaynep

Nov 17, 2015
Darn it.

My remote has the mouse button which I can select and then move with the arrow keys. But I can't program a universal remote if it's my box that won't respond to the key press

Shaynep

Nov 17, 2015
Very dim red LED lights up when i power the box off with remote.

It won't do anything then.

When I pull power cord out the back and insert it again the LED lights up blue and all is fine. Until I power it off again.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My box does not have a power button.

No buttons at all actually
Ok,got it now.

You see,when you have box like this(with no physical power button)box itself turns ON right when you power the cord in the plug,and then in that case remote is the one that needs to put box in sleep state,rather than turning it OFF.Now when your box got turned OFF,there is nothing to press to power it ON again.

Thats a small bug,and best way for workaround is to try to use sleep or power OFF feature right from the app menu(reboot manager).

If that put box down,check the light indicators,and then try to use remote and see how it will work.

Basically since your box is always ON,you need sleep(idle)state function to be done,rather than shut down itself.

Regards

Rocket Box

Mar 20, 2016
Ok,got it now.

You see,when you have box like this(with no physical power button)box itself turns ON right when you power the cord in the plug,and then in that case remote is the one that needs to put box in sleep state,rather than turning it OFF.Now when your box got turned OFF,there is nothing to press to power it ON again.

Thats a small bug,and best way for workaround is to try to use sleep or power OFF feature right from the app menu(reboot manager).

If that put box down,check the light indicators,and then try to use remote and see how it will work.

Basically since your box is always ON,you need sleep(idle)state function to be done,rather than shut down itself.

Regards
That's barely understandable. Anyway,, I have the OTT MXQ M10 S812 metal case and it also has no power button and doesnt turn on from remote. Can I somehow fix this Sleep mode/on/off problem if I root the box? I rooted it, have installed a build-prop app, but not a custom recovery or ROM. I also think that the Android software was designed for a box with a physical power button and/or a different OS should be installed. Any upgrades for the 4.4.2 OS or ROMs available? And if there's a TWRP for this box I'd love to have it. Thanks in advance

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
This forum is primarily for droidbox users and I doubt many here could answer your question rocket box especially given the modifications you've made. Firmware releases advertised here will be specifically for droid boxes and no-one could predict with confidence what impact they would have on other suppliers machines. Have you contacted the supplier for advice or do they have a forum?

Cabledave

Feb 11, 2017
I am new to this forum,and would like some advice/help.I have an android M8S+ tv box and would like to know if there is a setting or something similar which lights an LED every time a button on the remote is pressed,at the moment you have to wave the remote around as you press (as you do with a mobile phone)until the screen shows "working" any advice?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
That's barely understandable. Anyway,, I have the OTT MXQ M10 S812 metal case and it also has no power button and doesnt turn on from remote. Can I somehow fix this Sleep mode/on/off problem if I root the box? I rooted it, have installed a build-prop app, but not a custom recovery or ROM. I also think that the Android software was designed for a box with a physical power button and/or a different OS should be installed. Any upgrades for the 4.4.2 OS or ROMs available? And if there's a TWRP for this box I'd love to have it. Thanks in advance
I am new to this forum,and would like some advice/help.I have an android M8S+ tv box and would like to know if there is a setting or something similar which lights an LED every time a button on the remote is pressed,at the moment you have to wave the remote around as you press (as you do with a mobile phone)until the screen shows "working" any advice?

Hi

Both of your problems are not DroidBOX specific and not connected in any way.I would highly recommend to contact official seller of your boxes and get official help from them .

We will keep the thread open if there are other users that own boxes similar that you mentioned but don't get your hopes high .

Regards and have a nice day ;)

Jul 25, 2017
I need some help with my Android box if it Is ok. I got the X-Gody TX1 last September and I haven't used it for 4 months. plugged it in today and all it does is show a blue light. won't respond to the buttons and I've tried different hdmi leads to see if that was it. I have also tried the reset button. any ideas to trouble shoot this. if you do then email me at [email protected]

TinaKristina

Aug 17, 2017
Helo. I have a problem with my android box... Its a q box, we plugged in end its not working, no blue light no light at all. Doesn't have switches on the box.... Whats going on..... Please help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The most obvious thing to do is to check the power supply, do you have an alternative power supply you can try? (Make sure the output voltage matches the one you currently use).
Is this a new Droidbox? (I didn't think they supply Q7/Q8 boxes these days). If it is, it may also be covered by warranty if genuinely broken.

Heidi Hoffmann

Aug 21, 2017
Ok,got it now.

Regards
I have this problem too, but unplugging it doesn't solve it, the light stays red. Not sure what to do.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
My T8 Mini dod this after an update.
I read somewhere that if you use the power switch to turn the box on and then use the power switch to turn the box Off - it will then work with the remote. I did this and it sorted my problem spot on.
Not sure if this is gonna be what you are looking for but it may help.
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So to confirm Heidi, does the remote supplied with the Leelbox switch the box on/off?
Are the batteries good (check for the red flashing light)?
Other than that ,if you have tried all the suggestions in this thread, all I can suggest is contacting the box supplier .
Note responses here will relate to Droidbox supplied boxes but may be relevant to your "Leelbox" supplied one.

Heidi Hoffmann

Aug 21, 2017
The remote is functioning (red light flashes when pushing buttons) but does nothing to the box itself.

Thank you for trying!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
The remote is functioning (red light flashes when pushing buttons) but does nothing to the box itself.

Thank you for trying!
Hi

Please contact official support for help regarding your device.

While some knowledge can be common and applicable across devices , it may not always be the case and especially for the hardware related issues.While you are more than welcome on our forum in order to fix the issue it would be the best to contact official seller of the box.

Regards and have a nice day ;)

Reactions: Heidi Hoffmann