1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Render Method Grayed out

Discussion in 'T8-S Plus' started by michaeltt, Jan 2, 2017.

1. michaeltt

michaeltt New Member

kodi version 16.1 rc2
    default confluence skin
    tried kodi Version 16.0

tried several other skins and Render Method always grayed out, setting level I tried Advanced and Expert

I booted into DMBC for a test based on kodi and the option wasn't grayed out

Team-Kodi Developer says its not kodi but something added by droidbox

thank you all !!
    Droidbox TS-8 Plus ,OpenElec 6.0

2. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

I suspect this is related to amlogic processors rather than anything droidbox are doing to the settings. It is also greyed out on my dbmc v 16.3.

Btw you might want to get the production version of kodi from google play or kodi tv. 16.1 rc2 is a pre-release version.

michaeltt likes this.
  3. michaeltt

michaeltt New Member

ok used googleplay to load up Kodi 16.1 and appears I Now have more options under Acceleration.

Which fixed my playback stutter issues.

Wish we had more control over render method, had I know that limitation I wouldn't of bought this.

THANK YOU very much Niglear, you saved me from having to return my droidbox for refund :). I HOPE> still more testing needed

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. Nigelar

Glad it worked.
    Hi Michael. This limitation would apply to all android boxes using amlogic processors (I.e. Most of them) so short of shelling out loadsamoney for an nvidia shield I don't know what you would have bought as an alternative. Anyway enjoy your box. They are fine.

michaeltt likes this.
  5. michaeltt

michaeltt New Member

thanks Again Nigelar, I can tell I have lots to learn still

6. Nigelar

Keep in touch with the forum Michael and ask questions. I learnt loads from the forum. The search facility can help too, if someone has asked the question before.