Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi. Ive just recieved a replacement and looks 'new' x7. When i sent my old box i left the micro sd in its slot. I did ask for the sd card to be returned but it has not.

Will i need this to load gotham as the xbmc that is showing is 'XBMC 4DroidBOX' is this the correct xbmc?
Thanks

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Im using the xbmc mentioned above.
Loaded thd droidbox wizard but there is no sound at all through any addon.
Any ideas
?
Thanks

There no sound at all. Even through showbox
All connections with the hdmi cable are fine.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Andrew, I remember reading your e-mail (microSD card left in the slot), and I've asked the guys to have a look through the returned devices in the office for it.
XBMC 4 DroidBOX is fine, head to the System Info entry under System in XBMC to check which version it is (v12=Frodo, v13=Gotham, assuming you've not run the Wizard yet).
Regarding no sound at all, even outside of XBMC, can you plug a pair of headphones into the AV socket on the back, and check if any noise is coming out there. Can you also double check that the volume levels on the Q7 itself are set high enough, rather than your TV.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Hi. Ive checked the volumes in the settings and all are turned up full. The headphones work when plugged into the back of the box. And the version of xbmc is 13.3 gotham but mentions spmc after.
Im currently checking all the sound device output options and still no sound at all?
Any word on the micro sd card yet?
Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
They've not found the microSD card yet, but I've reminded them to keep looking, as it could have been removed from the device and put somewhere.
Re the volume, I've not come across audio missing on a digital connection when the settings themselves are OK. Can you try a different cable, OR plug a different device into the same cable and check if audio gets through to the TV when something other than the Q7 is used please. Also, if you have another TV with an HDMI socket somewhere, could you temporarily plug the Q7 into that to try to rule out as many factors as possible.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Just to let you know it was the hdmi cable that was broke. Recived new one off amazon to day and works fine. This is after i ordered wrong one. Didnt realise it was a mini hdmi and not a micro. Thanks for the help.

Andrew Wilson

Aug 3, 2014
Its ok was only 1 pound with free del on amazon. My sd card has found after you said it wasnt in my old device. But its now being posted back.
Thanks

Reactions: ChrisM