ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
All sorted now, thanks for checking!
This is completely unrelated to DroidBOX, but I know we have quite a few customers who aren't in the UK.
If you live outside of Britain, and aren't currently using a VPN/DNS set up to enable iPlayer and other UK-only media apps, can you try downloading http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/sfb/sfb_20140919-1800a.mp3 for me?
It is a short comedy podcast from BBC Scotland. For years now I've been able to grab MP3 files from the BBC, via my RSS system.
In the last week or so, I am unable to access those URLs unless I turn on Tunnel Bear. I'd like to know (personal curiosity) whether the BBC is now locking down access via IP address, or (just as likely, despite seeming random), the wonderful authorities here in Kazakhstan are blocking access to these files. They sometimes block (encounter technical difficulties is their explanation) access to all of facebook or other sites, if just one account/profile is promoting content that is not in line with government policies, so I'm not sure what is happening here.

TL;DR?
If you're outside of Britain and not using a VPN right now, please click on that MP3 link and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks a lot for taking the time to test, and letting me know. So we either have misconfiguration somewhere between me and the BBC servers, or they're being blocked. Hey ho, Tunnel Bear it is for now!