Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
whilst watching movies etc when the stream loses its connection it searches to re establish but on reconnecting it goes back to the sta rt of the movie rather than offer me a " resume " box , i may have clicked something . Is there an option to enable the Resume box or is it random ?

Stanley2012

Nov 16, 2014
Hi, I find if this happens, on your remote control in the centre press the right hand arrow, this will move you fast forward if the film as buffered enough, hope this helps.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It is sort of random, at least in my experience. If the drop in connection between XBMC and the server hosting the file is just for a moment, the video normally seems to resume happily enough. If (for example) my internet actually goes down, then by the time sync is re-achieved, the movie restarts completey.
Hmmm, I wonder if a change in IP address could cause this? If you want to double check, load up http://whatismyip.com on your phone/tablet (assuming it is on the same WiFi network) at the start of a film. If the film pauses then restarts completely, reload the website and see if your IP address has changed. I could see how an IP address change might force a restart.

Ah, a new message has been posted. I could be repeating what others have said.