Simon Matthews

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,
I have a 2015 MXQ OTT TV Box running 4.4.2.
Does anyone know how I can upgrade to a newer version if that is possible. The instructions say to use an SD card but give no clue where to get the firmware from??
Also, despite having done a factory reset and fresh install of Kodi plus clearing the cache etc the video playback on any movie is poor and out of sync.
Any help on either or ideally both would be great.
Thanks Simon.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Simon,
You might want to read the reply I just gave to minkbomb about firmware updates.
In your case, Droidbox only supply firmware updates to Droidbox supplied models. It is not clear if your Mxq ott box is a Droidbox supplied one. Most newer (2015 models and later) droidboxes get their updates via over the air (ota) updates rather than by the old sd card method. At any rate I'm not aware of any Droidbox updates for your type of machine (they have updated imxqpro models, but these already ran android 5.1.1).
If it is a generic box, there may be firmware updates from the supplier. You might also Google firmware updates for your machine. But be very careful, firmware is very specific to a box so using the wrong one runs a real risk of "bricking" it.