Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Richard..
pm SS in meantime whats the prob with your box maybe we can sort it

Reactions: ChrisM

Richard Cooper

Jul 24, 2014
Tried to email but it was returned. My internet company were unable to connect directly to the box with ethernet cable which they said was better than wifi.
Also have had a problem in the last few days of loading tv progs, so thought best it goes back for a complete check up, PLEASE.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've removed our address from your post. This is to stop other people sending us devices without contacting us first.
We ask customers to contact us first, as very often problems can be fixed within minutes, rather than waiting for Royal Mail to send it to us, then return it to a customer.

You sent an e-mail to
[email protected]
and it bounced? Which error was quoted, as we've not seen any problems so far, messages are getting through.

Did you include your name, order ID, a description of the problem, your address and a link to this post with the device?

Richard Cooper

Jul 24, 2014
I've removed our address from your post. This is to stop other people sending us devices without contacting us first.
We ask customers to contact us first, as very often problems can be fixed within minutes, rather than waiting for Royal Mail to send it to us, then return it to a customer.

You sent an e-mail to
[email protected]
and it bounced? Which error was quoted, as we've not seen any problems so far, messages are getting through.

Did you include your name, order ID, a description of the problem, your address and a link to this post with the device?

Firstly I did speak to someone in your office about the port problem and was asked to try a different cable, which I did to no effect, I was told that, if this did not work to return it. Since then I could not get a reply to phone calls and the email.......

[email protected]

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:

host ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM [74.125.142.26]: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try

550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or

550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at

550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 ih8si15105595icb.63 - gsmtp

I hope this helps as it is now on a donkey coming to you through Spain with a copy of the invoice, so hope you get it soon.
Cheers

Richard..

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Richard..
I see the donkey is on its way.. but prob stupid question.. you did turn off wifi and enable the ethernet port in settings?? also I assume you are using a modem/cable router?? if so there should be no reason for it not to work??

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Richard, I didn't know we have a unique returns e-mail address, I'll send a message to the guys in the office asking who gave that out and let them know [email protected] is the only operational one normally.

I wasn't attempting to admonish you at all, just make the procedure clear for future readers of this thread.

I'd not realized that you'd spoken on the phone to someone already, but I've already asked the returns guys to make a note of your name, model, forum thread link etc., so combined with your notes that you put in the package, we should be fine :)

If you happen to have a tracking number from the Spanish post office/courier, and a tracking URL, could you e-mail it ( [email protected] :) ) with https://droidboxforums.com/posts/152 in there somewhere as well, save you having to type everything out again.