1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RG-300 (SNES v2 design) Custom Firmware alpha

Discussion in 'RG-300 Retro Gaming Handheld' started by Dave C, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. synchro

synchro New Member

Received my RG-300 Today but the USB is not being detected by my PC ( yet my RS-97,s work fine )
    I installed the latest firmware ( here ) and its still the same, do you know if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
    Asking because im sure this has happened on an earlier original RG 300

3. Dave C

I think we spoke to you on live chat yesterday? As we mentioned it should work fine as we double checked on a RG300 v1 yesterday.

4. synchro

synchro New Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. Dave C

I tried it on a v2 SNES and it doesnt appear to be working on the original firmware. I have not got custom firmware installed on one so I have not been able to try. I have messaged the custom firmware makers and waiting on a reply.

In the meantime, you can transfer any files with a Micro SD card reader. I recommend doing this as it is usually faster than USB transfer anyway.

6. TimelordUK

TimelordUK New Member

The link to Google drive for the SNES V2 firmware does not work

7. Dave C

I have updated it.

8. Deaconer

Deaconer New Member

Thanks a lot for great CFW comic book. I can also confirm USB-C data connection does not work, but not a big problem and i can also copy from external to "internal" sd via commander.
    Regarding eDuke32 port:
    - no music :(
    - key maps missing: cannot cycle weapons / inventory items
    -> anyone able to fix that?

Thx and br, i am looking for newer versions oft the CFW comic book for RG300 v2!

9. Dave C

This is currently the latest version. You can keep an eye on this forum as we post all updates usually within 24 hours.