1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RG350m possible defects

Discussion in 'RG350 & RG350M Retro Games Handheld' started by MrVig, May 22, 2020.

1. MrVig

MrVig New Member

Hello! I just got my RG350M and everything seemed perfect until I noticed two things

1) A much lesser issue, my X button has a Y button instead, still works totally fine, just found it odd.

2) It seems sometimes when I "wake" my unit when it's screen goes off a while, the edges of the screen looks like it has a line of bad pixels, somtimes it's red, somtimes it's green, and even a little flickering from that particular side of the screen. It goes away if I just play with the unit for a while, maybe like 4-5 minutes and the screen returns to normal, and this doesn't seem to ever happen if I just leave the unit powered off or during actual use.

I may not have the latest firmware since I don't have the HDMI functionality. So I don't know if updating it would help, but if some can enlighten me on what's going and if maybe I have a defective unit.

2. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

To confirm, the buttons do not XABY on them? There are two Y buttons?

I have not seen this issue or heard about it before. Does it do the same when switch on from a full boot, or only when from sleep mode? Updating the firmware will probably not fix this, but it is worth a try. You can find the guide to update at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-update-rg350-and-rg350m-firmware-with-opk/

3. MrVig

MrVig New Member

THat is correct, I have two Y buttons, so now my buttons are "YYBA". The screen issue has never presented itself other than coming out of sleep mode, and it's not always. Full booting the unit doesn't resolve the issue as it seems only actively using it causes the issue to resolve itself. I have update using the OPK and I guess I'll have to let it sit in sleep mode to see if it comes up again.

Edit: Issue is still present after leaving it in sleep mode for about 5 minutes. And like before, just using the unit eventually makes the issue seem like it never happened.

Edit 2: Further update, tried just leaving the unit off when the issue occurred to see if it does anything and looks like the issue resolves itself then too. It appears whatever it is, it's definetly caused by the sleep mode, and just time passing outside of sleep mode fixes it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the information. Could you email us at support@droix.net with your order number or full name and post code and we can get a return for replacement set up. Thanks.