Moosewala

Jul 28, 2020
Hello everyone,,
I know that the RG350M uses a higher resolution 640x480 screen.

Does this amount to any real difference in emulation vs the 350P?

Taki Udon says that it only shows in the system menus and some PS1 game menus and is undetectable aside from that. Also, he says the battery life is worse by an hour as a result of the higher res screen.

Does anyone have both and know better how this upgrade really plays out?

gareth.uk

Jul 28, 2020
I have both. Well, I have the 350M and the original (non-P, which is technically the same as the P in terms of specs and screen) in transparent black.

What Taki says is kinda correct: the higher resolution of the M is used only on title screens of PS1 games, but it's also used on ports and homebrew which Taki kinda ignores.. The battery life is a little less on the M due to the upgraded screen, but not to the point where it becomes a deal-breaker IMO. It's like an hour less max, but often less than that, depending on what you're doing with it.

However, the feel of the aluminium case makes the console feel like a vastly superior product. Honestly, hold the plastic console in your hands and then hold the M in your hands and it's like the difference between a cheap Acer laptop and a Macbook. The weight and solidness of it all... it feels like quality.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the M. In fact, I plan to sell my original - I'm just waiting to see if I can replace the back on it (which is cracked) before I list it, in order to get a better price. The M is where it's at.