27mark

Aug 10, 2015
as the all4 app does not work on rooted devices i tried a programe called hide my root but this still does not work so when i tried to turn it off i got an error so uninstalled but the problem is the box still thinks its unrooted, so im wondering if i do a factory reset will the box go back to its rooted state

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
as the all4 app does not work on rooted devices i tried a programe called hide my root but this still does not work so when i tried to turn it off i got an error so uninstalled but the problem is the box still thinks its unrooted, so im wondering if i do a factory reset will the box go back to its rooted state
Hi

In some cases yes,in some cases no.

In any case please do factory reset,also finding an alternative app that can run under root state.

If app would not run under root state just because developer stated it on that way,that means that that app is not good weather device is rooted or not.

It can be dangerous to the sensitive info.

If you had regular problem with SuperSU app,you could just click on access and set it to GRANT once particular app is opened,or you could do that later inside the Super SU app!

Regards

Reactions: David Savage

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i will do a factory reset tomorrow, what is the best way to verify the device is rooted

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I've done a reset but when I open supersu i get a messege no su binary installed and the device has to be manually rerooted so im guessing its still not rooted, not sure how to go about this

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I've done a reset but when I open supersu i get a messege no su binary installed and the device has to be manually rerooted so im guessing its still not rooted, not sure how to go about this
Its not really relevant as long as you can open apps normally!

Regards

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
im thinking its not worth worrying about as everything im using works fine, my only concern is if the ota will still work ok if the box is not rooted