RS-97 Custom firmware-6.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 353
  • RS-97 Custom firmware-7.jpg
    RS-97 Custom firmware-7.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

jjk9

Nov 7, 2015
Will this custom firmware eventually be available for the RS-07 Pro Arcade? And if so will it have the boot loader modification done to run it or will we have to do that ourselves?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Will this custom firmware eventually be available for the RS-07 Pro Arcade? And if so will it have the boot loader modification done to run it or will we have to do that ourselves?

It will be available for the Rs-07 hopefully very soon, the developers of the firmware are working on it at the moment. You will need to do the boot loader modification yourself for the RS-07. We will prepare a full guide on how to do everything once it is released.

jjk9

Nov 7, 2015
It took some searching but but I finally found something about the custom firmware. Says it's a long ways off but they are trying to do it right.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It took some searching but but I finally found something about the custom firmware. Says it's a long ways off but they are trying to do it right.
The video is a couple of weeks old and more progress has been made since. USB controller support including 2 players are now supported, resizing the output for the emulators and games, I believe some emulators will also run a bit faster than the RS-97.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Did the update cfw, PC will not recognize the device. I can't put me own roms on it any solutions?
You need to press and hold the B button while switching it on. If that does not work, go into the settings and try enabling it there. As a note, it is faster if you use the SD card on the PC and copy files that way, it would be faster.

s3b4

Nov 15, 2018
hello, yesterday I got the white rs-97. today I was trying to install the firmware as explained on this page. all right but the console detects the card but when I start it does not start from external sd! what can I do? I'm trying with micro sd 32gb.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Try reinstalling the stock firmware from the above link near the bottom of the first post. The one you want should be "Revision 1.0S (new screen) JZ4760B/"

Last edited:

s3b4

Nov 15, 2018
Try reinstalling the stock firmware from the above link near the bottom of the first post. The one you want should be "Revision 2.1 (New units) JZ4760B/"
I followed the bootloader modification procedure on the main internal memory (as suggested by the console seller), it remains locked on the initial figure but now reads the external micro sd card! Is there an image file of the oroginal product as it is sold? Thank you.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I followed the bootloader modification procedure on the main internal memory (as suggested by the console seller), it remains locked on the initial figure but now reads the external micro sd card! Is there an image file of the oroginal product as it is sold? Thank you.
I linked it in my reply. You need to write the image to the SD card inside the device. Please note that this will restore back to original settings so you will need to redo the bootloader again.

s3b4

Nov 15, 2018
I linked it in my reply. You need to write the image to the SD card inside the device. Please note that this will restore back to original settings so you will need to redo the bootloader again.
ah ok, now it's clear, I did everything externally because I did not want to open it so as not to lose any warranty. Thanks for the answers and availability, you have been very kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.