DoomJedi

Jan 10, 2019
Hi guys :)

New to this forum, and to RS-97 (16 GB card version, 3000 games)

Currently using original firmware with 32GB external microSD card.
All is nice, but I want more emulators, USB mounting of internal roms, better scaling on gb game and such.

Tried to install custom firmware to microSD card.
Made all the steps in the tutorial video (card formatting, image burning, partition extending etc
- and everything looks as in the video on partition manager) , but after all is done and I want to add roms to microSd card - my Windows (7) doesn't browse it telling I need to format the card before using. Tried few attempts, nothing helps.

Did anyone meet this issue before and can know or guess what I've might done wrong or how I can solve it?

Last edited:

DoomJedi

Jan 10, 2019
Before I used different guide, now I used this one (decided on that even before your post).
So far goes well, just don't know the folder names for roms I should use for different systems...or any folder name I'll decide on will work fine?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
You can use SNES for Super Nintendo, GB for GameBoy etc. Any will work, but having similar name will make the system easier to find.

DoomJedi

Jan 10, 2019
Installed the new firmware. Looks fine so far.
Very impressive OS I must say.
Relative to the original OS it's a bit confusing that every emulator has its own option buttons combination, and the need to select an emulator instead of system. Some emulators I don't even know what they are.
Some simplicity of the original OS mixed with this OS would be neat. For example - for the system to autoload default emulator for each system depending on exact folder name/rom ending. So I'll only browse roms an not emulators.

Overall it's looks finally like real OS - options, customization etc. Unlike the original OS. Very impressive.

Still need to play with it for deeper impressions. Alot of things are probably just to get used to.

Is there mame2003 emulator there? Can mame2003 roms be loaded with any emulator there?

Last edited: