ab519

Apr 1, 2017
Hey there I am a first time poster. I am in no way "new" to the android boxes but the newest box is acting up and I am not sure where to go from here. It is an S905x.

I have 10 of these boxes. I was able to program the first 5 or so with no issues. They were able to install and configure Kodi 17.1.2 [the new version.]

However, an end user decided they would factory reset the box. After doing this "factory reset" (I assume just done through the android settings menu), Kodi is now "Bricked", for lack of a better term.

Kodi will not load the official kodi repository. Every time I go to the add-ons page, I get a message saying "Unable to connect to repository". For example, I would like to install the "backup" add-on, and I am unable to access the official kodi repo. After the factory reset it seems this functionality is gone.

Things i have tried
-Installing other repos. Fusion and SRP work with no issues.
-Trying other boxes. The official kodi Repo works fine on other units, I can browse and install add ons.
-Completely uninstalling Kodi. I have went through the file manager, deleted the userdata folder, cleared the cache, and reinstalled kodi from Google Play Store. A new installation made no difference
-Completely uninstalled and re-install from apk. No difference.
-Factory resetting the box. Put a pin in the av slot, went to the android menu and factory reset / clear user data. Reinstalled box as new, still no difference. Kodi will not load the official repo on this box.

What else can I try? I have heard I can reflash? the firmware? How does one go about this. FWIW my box has a "update&backup" option, and when I try to update from here it gives me the infamous "server argent" error.

Help me out, where should i go from here?

ab519

Apr 1, 2017
Well, getting a refund is not an issue, I will return all 10 boxes if going to a factory reset is going to brick the main application. I just figured there ought to be some way to get it working - it's software - if it was working yesterday you would think there should be some way to fix it.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Plus of course, as most people know, the official Kodi site has been down today as part of an "Aprils fool" jape. Try again tomorrow. The world will be put to rights.

ab519

Apr 1, 2017
I just wanted to update and say that the issue must have been related to the April first prank. Tried it today and the repository loaded immediately. Thanks for the suggestions