Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ares blog has announced the return of the 2 big hitters and provided install instructions.
I've grabbed SALTS and it is working. But seems a few of us have issues with new Exodus (v3.1.18) erroring.

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Ares blog has announced the return of the 2 big hitters and provided install instructions.
I've grabbed SALTS and it is working. But seems a few of us have issues with new Exodus (v3.1.18) erroring.

I can't get SALTS to update and the UKTurks new Repo isn't working any longer either

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Salts downloaded and installed ok for me. Where did you grab the repo from? Did you uninstall the old version?
You are getting uk Turk from sparkysrepo ?

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Salts downloaded and installed ok for me. Where did you grab the repo from? Did you uninstall the old version?
You are getting uk Turk from sparkysrepo ?

I got the Salts from Ares Project. It's weird but the Ares project wizard worked the first time I used it today, and now it won't load anymore.

I got the UKTurk from the repo zip file I got from the K1v guy that took it over. It works on my other box, but I am setting this new box up for a friend and it isn't working anymore. It won't update either.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Both SALTS and Exodus are being hit hard by people trying to download and use them at the moment . Only advice is to try again over the next few days.
Ukturk - you don't seem to have the right repo - it is now sparkysrepo. The k1v guy (I think you mean k3ir3a or suchlike) didn't take over that addon. You can get the right repo from koditips

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Both SALTS and Exodus are being hit hard by people trying to download and use them at the moment . Only advice is to try again over the next few days.
Ukturk - you don't seem to have the right repo - it is now sparkysrepo. The k1v guy (I think you mean k3ir3a or suchlike) didn't take over that addon. You can get the right repo from koditips

The repo I am talking about worked just last week. I have it saved to a thumb drive.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well I've told you where to find the new repo it is in if you want to reinstall it. Up to you.

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
Well I've told you where to find the new repo it is in if you want to reinstall it. Up to you.

I appreciate it. I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, I was just telling you what I was told on the Tvaddons forum before it went down. That K3 guy said he was taking over for TK and the repos I got the files for worked up until today.

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
right now exodus is crashes the whole kodi system, also trakt is acting up everything is up and down nothing seems to stay up or stable I like a clean kodi 3 maybe 4 3rd party addons with all of the trouble I have had to cram tons of junk on it to try to beat the no sources showing up on everything

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think the errors I am seeing on exodus are present on SPMC and derivatives like Droidboxes DBMC. When installing from the new repo, certain key file are not installing.
Why do I say this?
I reinstalled on vanilla Kodi 17.3, noticed a load of additional files were installed (e.g. Exodus metadata etc). Guess some of these are critical to exodus operation. The proof - exodus runs fine on Kodi 17.3.
I reported results to the ares project forum in case they can take it forward with the dev.

oursus

Jun 10, 2017
Mine's been working fine on 16.1 right up till this morning - everything now giving "exodus error"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oursus

Jun 10, 2017
Updated to latest Kodi, still shite - using elysium instead, gui's a bit on the basic side, but glitch free!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The considered opinion now is that to get the latest version of Exodus to work you either need Kodi 17 or one of the https Kodi 16 forks. It will not work on normal 16 releases - either vanilla Kodi, spmc or dbmc.

oursus

Jun 10, 2017
The considered opinion now is that to get the latest version of Exodus to work you either need Kodi 17 or one of the https Kodi 16 forks. It will not work on normal 16 releases - either vanilla Kodi, spmc or dbmc.

Mxq box, on marshmallow, with 17.3 vanilla - exodus having none of it, Elysium isn't grumbling at all tho

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I deleted Exodus and then installed it from a different repo and now its completely updated to 3.1.19 which is newer than the link suggests.
Its also from LAMDA who I think originally mastered genesis.
Anyway - Im using Kodi 16.1 and in Exodus there is far far less HD links and RD Links BUT - Its working so I have included the link.
http://www.yourkodi.com/exodus-update-thread

Give it a go - its working for me and the updates actually work.
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Exodus 3.1.19 fixed the bug affecting non https patched kodi.
Will download later if the servers allow.
Btw it is not authored by lambda these days.

*update. Installed latest version 3.1.19 from ares wizard and it works fine on DBMC.
(Although coincidentally dbmc does not now close nicely)

Last edited:

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Excellent Nigelar. Im finding it works a treat from the repo mentioned in the link.
I thought Lambda was authoring it as it stated that on the site.
No worries though and thanks for the reply
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I only ever use librelec and I love it. Exodus is mint now I've installed from the other repo and revauthorised real debris account.