Dave Cooper

Jul 23, 2014
Hi as anyone used samba. Read a few sites and they have access to the files and folders in windows explorer bu i put my ip addess in and it opens up a browser window

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Do you definitely have a non-Android iMX6? As in a MCE/Linux based device?
If you do actually have an Android version, which app are you using for Samba services? Have you tried the one mentioned here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/local-network-based-apps.101/ - that works well.
Also, just double checking that when you enter the IP address in Windows Explorer, you are typing two BACKslashes first? As an example
Code:
\\192.168.1.105

Dave Cooper

Jul 23, 2014
Hi yeah I have the mce device. I have typed my up address as shown above. It brings my box up where I can control it through a browser

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I still think you may have used forward slashes, as that would be interpreted as a request to visit a web site. Backslashes are not the one under the question mark on your keyboard.

Forward slash /
Backslash \

If you're still certain, try navigating to the MCE device on your network, instead of entering the IP address directly. If you collapse the Computer branch in Windows Explorer, underneath you should see the Network branch, please expand it. Then look for the MCE device's IP or NETBIOS name. It is possible it won't be listed. If this occurs, can you try this instead: Bring up the tools menu (if your menu isn't visible in Windows Explorer, press the ALT key on your keyboard first), and select Map Network Drive. Enter in the iMX6 MCE's IP address (again with a couple of backslashes at the start). You can leave Reconnect at logon ticked, but you may get a warning message if your iMX6 is turned off the next time you reboot your PC.