twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

I have a website that I would like to download/save us pictures to go into the different sections of my Kodi.

The problem I have is that I do not know how to save on the android with my remote control, mouse or keyboard as everytime I press right click on my mouse it goes back a page.

Plus, I need to delete some files I have created on the kodi files but again do not know how to do that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

twa96

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Use es file explorer to copy your (addons and userdata) folders from android to a usb stick then copy to pc. You can then manipulate any of your files in your current config (add to or delete from)for your pictures create a folder on pc and name it backgrounds and add that into your userdata folder. Download any pics on pc (make sure they are the correct file type 1st 1080 x 1120 are the norm) and put them into the backgrounds folder you created. You have to create folders inside that backgrounds folder ie. If you have downloaded football pics name that folder SPORTS and the same goes for MOVIES etc. Then when you have all your backgrounds itemised and finished copy back to android thru es f explorer but 1st delete the addons and userdata folders you copied from in kodi to copy your new addons, userdata folders to.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Sean99

I have copied userdata and add ons to my usb but I can only read the files on my mac. I cannot add any folders.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You need to show hidden files on your mac 1st:-
The long way to show hidden Mac OS X files is as follows:
  1. Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities.
  2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES.
  3. Press return.
  4. Hold the 'Option/alt' key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
One quick point, right click doesn't exist in Android, it will normally be interpreted as RETURN (the "go back one screen" arrow/button). In most apps long-clicking will give you any applicable options/context menu. In Kodi, you can press "C" or in recent builds, again long-click.