8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
No, it's not - whatever the refresh-rate, it always resets from 1080p to 720p @ 60Hz during reboot.
Try to change it to smaller resolution if possible(480p should be lowest possible)but again,that is something that depend on the TV set.
Try to change to other refresh rates on 720p,and message us back what happen after reboot !!!

Terry West

Jan 9, 2015
Whatever the resolution or refresh rate manually set at time of shut-down, on reboot the droidbox static logo is displayed at that setting but, just before the "spheroid" animation starts, the resolution always resets to 720p @ 60Hz ... and this setting persists after boot is complete. In other words, the box never persists any other manual resolution setting across a reboot after the animation has started.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Whatever the resolution or refresh rate manually set at time of shut-down, on reboot the droidbox static logo is displayed at that setting but, just before the "spheroid" animation starts, the resolution always resets to 720p @ 60Hz ... and this setting persists after boot is complete. In other words, the box never persists any other manual resolution setting across a reboot after the animation has started.
Did you tried changing other 720p resolutions that i asked you to,also to set up lower resolution if possible.Please try that and get back with answer.Its really important for us to know that detail?!?

Terry West

Jan 9, 2015
I said: "Whatever the resolution or refresh rate ..." Which means ... I have tried them all - including, therefore, all those that you suggested and more.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I said: "Whatever the resolution or refresh rate ..." Which means ... I have tried them all - including, therefore, all those that you suggested and more.
Than the problem is in your TV set,because if lower resolution is still back to normal,that means that simply your TV has influence on screen image of the box,and somehow settings always get restarted.
Did you tried to change resolution of your TV and see if that helps??
Also can you tell me what TV you are using,because this is really a rare problem!!

Terry West

Jan 9, 2015
@8bitDev: I'm sorry, but that really isn't good enough ...

Firstly, my iMX6 Droidbox behaves impeccably when connected in exactly the same way to exactly the same TV:
a) When it's "HDMI auto-output mode - Auto-match best TV resolution" is ON, it correctly recognises 1080p @ 60Hz and sets its "Output mode" resolution to this.
b) It preserves this "Output mode" (or, indeed, any other that has been set manually) across all shutdown/reboot cycles .
[Note that the T8, on the other hand, incorrectly sets its "Output mode" to 780p @ 60Hz when its equivalent "HDMI auto-detection" is ON].

Secondly, your suggestion that 'the problem is in the TV' implies that, in spite of the TV accepting the correct resolution output signal from the T8 (ie that in force when the box was shut down) when it initially boots to the droidbox logo , the TV subsequently manages to instruct the box during its boot process that it must change its output mode to 720p 60Hz and that the T8 then obeys and stores this resolution as its 'Output mode' setting thereafter.
This seems to me to be an extremely unlikely, if not impossible, scenario but I would welcome a more detailed explanation than your 'somehow' above of the mechanism by which you think it may occur. Hopefully this will include an explanation of why the the putative instruction from the TV is issued precisely at the moment that the T8's output changes during boot from the droidbox logo to the animated 'spheroid'.

Personally, I suspect that a much more likely explanation is that the (presumably OpenGL) animation forces 720p @ 60Hz when it starts (either as a hard-coded value in the firmware or via its flawed auto-detection mechanism) and then 'forgets' to restore the previously-set mode when it is done. That's just my two-penn'orth but I would be interested to hear what, if you were to ask them, your firmware developers might make of it and/or any other comments they might have on the subject. In case it helps, my Android 4.4.2 'Build number' is: 'KOT49H.20150506 test-keys'.

My TV is a Panasonic AS600 series (Model no: TX-39AS600E) which does not have a facility for changing resolution when connected via HDMI and, like most modern TVs I think, passively displays whatever signal is input (including a blank screen for incompatible inputs).

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015

Firstly, my iMX6 Droidbox behaves impeccably when connected in exactly the same way to exactly the same TV:
a) When it's "HDMI auto-output mode - Auto-match best TV resolution" is ON, it correctly recognises 1080p @ 60Hz and sets its "Output mode" resolution to this.
b) It preserves this "Output mode" (or, indeed, any other that has been set manually) across all shutdown/reboot cycles .
[Note that the T8, on the other hand, incorrectly sets its "Output mode" to 780p @ 60Hz when its equivalent "HDMI auto-detection" is ON].

Secondly, your suggestion that 'the problem is in the TV' implies that, in spite of the TV accepting the correct resolution output signal from the T8 (ie that in force when the box was shut down) when it initially boots to the droidbox logo , the TV subsequently manages to instruct the box during its boot process that it must change its output mode to 720p 60Hz and that the T8 then obeys and stores this resolution as its 'Output mode' setting thereafter.
This seems to me to be an extremely unlikely, if not impossible, scenario but I would welcome a more detailed explanation than your 'somehow' above of the mechanism by which you think it may occur. Hopefully this will include an explanation of why the the putative instruction from the TV is issued precisely at the moment that the T8's output changes during boot from the droidbox logo to the animated 'spheroid'.

Personally, I suspect that a much more likely explanation is that the (presumably OpenGL) animation forces 720p @ 60Hz when it starts (either as a hard-coded value in the firmware or via its flawed auto-detection mechanism) and then 'forgets' to restore the previously-set mode when it is done. That's just my two-penn'orth but I would be interested to hear what, if you were to ask them, your firmware developers might make of it and/or any other comments they might have on the subject. In case it helps, my Android 4.4.2 'Build number' is: 'KOT49H.20150506 test-keys'.

My TV is a Panasonic AS600 series (Model no: TX-39AS600E) which does not have a facility for changing resolution when connected via HDMI and, like most modern TVs I think, passively displays whatever signal is input (including a blank screen for incompatible inputs).
Thanks for the details,i will try to find solution for this!!
Many thanks!!
Regards

tux139

Sep 1, 2017

I think 8bitDev is right!!! I have a similar problem with my Android box ,I was playing with frequency settings and now the setting is stuck on 353x1080! I don't know how I got to that setting , My problem is I can't see the picture to make changes. I tried factory reset boot multiple times to no avail. I called the factory tech for my unit and he spent an hour going over settings trying to correct, the screen just shows vertical lines in different colours. They were going to replace my unit. In the end I decided to take my android box to a friends , he has a Toshiba 50" smart TV, the box started up and displayed properly. This my story, my TV ,was not capable of communicating with my android box. By the way my Fire Stick works perfectly with the same TV.
Take your box to a friends to confirm.....
hope this helps,
Bruce