Matthew Davies

Dec 11, 2015
My box has done an update now I cant fix the screen resoultion through the settings and wookie is in the top left corner of my screen please help!

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My box has done an update now I cant fix the screen resoultion through the settings and wookie is in the top left corner of my screen please help!
Hi

Can you please do video calibration inside Kodi(XBMC)?

Kodi video calibraiton

Once you open Kodi(XBMC) please open some stream
While video is playing please click OK or simply navigate with cursor at bottom of the video and click anywhere in order to get to see the settings menu!
While video is playing please click on movie reel icon.
Once clicked there scroll down and click on video calibration

Calibration is done by following:

TOP-LEFT corner-click on arrow keys down and right until you see at TOP LEFT corner blue arrow
BOTTOM RIGHT corner-click on arrow keys up and left until you see at BOTTOM RIGHT corner blue arrow
Translate bar-no need to change it
Cube-Make it look like cube instead of rectangle as possible
Navigation through calibration:
Simply click OK to get from one settings to another

Once you are done simply click return key to exit the calibration menu,otherwise you will just end up going in circles

Regards

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi Thanks for your response will this fix the problem on my home screen aswell, that is broke also.
If you are also running on problems inside android,and not just specific app as Kodi(XBMC)

Screen centering/scaling can be easily solved by going into

settings>display>HDMI auto detection-turn it OFF
settings>display>HDMI output mod settings>1080p
settings>display>display position>-/+ for scaling

If this doesn't solve the problem completely,you can always use TV settings for advanced screen scaling/positioning and problem could be solved!

Regards

Reactions: David Savage

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Is their no other way? It was fine yesterday?
These two methods are the simplest methods that they could get and they both solves the problem.

It would be helpful if you would share your box model and what kind of updates did you made?

Regards

Reactions: ChrisM