Edward Eckenrode

Jan 6, 2017
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a 256gb sd card in the boxes, or if it can even except one of that size. I can get a really good deal on one if it will work. I currently have a 64gb in mine.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a 256gb sd card in the boxes, or if it can even except one of that size. I can get a really good deal on one if it will work. I currently have a 64gb in mine.
Hi

In theory it should work however sometimes even if it works performance may differ.

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
128Gb is the advertised maximum supported size. Not to say that it won't work, just that we wouldn't want to give possibly false hope, you purchase the card, and it then can't be used.
If you take the plunge, let us know the results when you get a spare moment, please.

Edward Eckenrode

Jan 6, 2017
Sorry I never returned to let everyone know if all was good with the sdcard. The answer is yes there is no problem at all and works great. It is a Samsung micro sd evo
7030884cb5c81b52d82b65cd7cd3b337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Reactions: angela and 8bitDev

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
If people need extra space on their T8-S devices, they could install a higher capacity SSD or HDD in their boxes. An SSD or HDD will be more reliable, speedier (SSD for blazing speeds, and HDD for cost effectiveness) than SD cards. Or they could connect external SSD/HDDs to USB ports as I am doing now.

My two cents worth of opinion.