sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all from this moment on my build and any changes whatsoever is being maintained on LibreElec Kodi 16.1 rather than building on windows and adding the Linux support.

Reactions: ChrisM

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Zomboided repo added to the build for all your LibreElec vpn needs:)

Last edited:

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Sean, I have a couple of questions I hope you might be able to answer. I'm running your build on dbmc and every time I open dbmc from the home screen your build flashes up for a few seconds then goes back to home screen. I have tried force stopping dbmc but it still takes about 5 or 6 time before it will load.
Also when I power down from your build, I go to power, sub menu and then shutdown but nothing seems to happen have to give it a few goes and leave it a bit and then hear that familiar whoosh and the build closes. These are no biggies but was just wondering. Otherwise the build is great, but think I might need to do a fresh install because I believe you changed content recently.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Rob, what box are you using the build on? In general builds after a while go imo stale and need data clearing and a reinstall.

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Sean, its T8-S plus. Got the box beginning of Jan and put the build on a few days later.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I have just started maintaining the build on LibreElec and maybe those settings are causing it to do things it shouldn't in dbmc. It seems ok in dbmc so far on my t8s plus but not used it that much to properly test as use L E mainly. Give it a try on L E as there shouldn't be any conflicts at all.

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
OK Sean. Not used LE before. I assume it's the same process, install wookie and then your build?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes its the same process Rob, just tried build on dbmc and it kicked me out the 1st opening of it. Kodi and L E are fine tho;)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thoroughly tested build out again tonight on dbmc, spmc, kodi and LibreElec without any problems apart from only kodi finding the met office weather. Other than that nothing at all:)

Last edited:

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Thanks Sean. I will reload the build on dbmc and see how it goes. My dbmc is 16.6.0 if that would make any difference.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes thats the latest dbmc Rob I installed on last night. Hope all goes well

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Sean, loaded your build onto LE and noticed the screen needs resizing or something as I can only see the top half of the sub menu.
Also fresh loaded build onto dbmc.
Biggest problem seems in powering down. In either seems to take loads of attempts before it happens (shutdown in dbmc, power in LE followed by revert to android). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, To resize the screen, in LibreElec go to System > System again > Video output, then scroll down to video calibration select it, now use the arrow keys on your remote to set the screen, top left first when you get the arrow right in the top corner press ok on your remote and it will move to the bottom right corner then you can move the screen up, when you have got the arrows showing just press back on your remote. The power button is working fine for me.

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Rob thanks for the feedback, the screen size when I built on T8 mini marshmallow 6.0 was fine on L E but that setting is just 0 (right size on all platforms) but on L E android lollipop 5.1 it is -4. So my next update I may change that but it will throw all other platforms out (need to zoom out). Have just tried the shutdow/reboot to android and dbmc 3.9 and L E 7.4 secs, normally averages around 10 so is a bit quick on my T8s Plus tonight. When you put the build on Rob it is on the Exodus home menu, I always let it build the shortcuts and load 2 widgets before I make a move as that is probably why it is taking an age to close down (its still searching/loading the missing widgets. Hope you follow this

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Build now will need resizing on LibreElec, goto system/ appearance/ zoom/ -4 / sorted. Everything streaming/working as should at time of posting this.

Last edited:

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
@sean I primarily only use my t8mini for Kodi.. I been reading alot that people like myself who only use box for Kodi should use libre-elec so it runs faster as a standalone. My question is I have marshmallow 6.0 on my t8mini which gave me some minor problems after update that are now somewhat resolved. But I'm afraid to boot into libre-elec.. I been seeing post that when they boot in there they get errors and there's no way to get out of it unless you use toothpick method.. Is it work okay for you on t8mini using that marshmallow update

Sent from my SM-N920V using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
@sean I primarily only use my t8mini for Kodi.. I been reading alot that people like myself who only use box for Kodi should use libre-elec so it runs faster as a standalone. My question is I have marshmallow 6.0 on my t8mini which gave me some minor problems after update that are now somewhat resolved. But I'm afraid to boot into libre-elec.. I been seeing post that when they boot in there they get errors and there's no way to get out of it unless you use toothpick method.. Is it work okay for you on t8mini using that marshmallow update

When you

The errors people mention in LibeElec bootup on mine are not errors, its just at bootup on the left is a white list of loading files for it to work (still a bit raw but works fine) I have built my son a wwe build on the mini in L E as an upgrade from his T8 box. Am back using my T8s Plus now but prefer L E on marshmallow (the Droidbox devs imo just need to tweak it from that raw looking state on boot-up and they have cracked it)