sean99

Aug 7, 2014
My build is not compatible with Kodi 17 yet. Will get something released in the not too distant future.

lightbodyae55

Jan 3, 2017
Hi Sean

I have found your build and installing right now, it is Sean's build I am installing and not Sean's 15.02 build. hope this is the correct one I am installing!!

lightbodyae55

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes Seans build option is the 16.1 and not compatible with kodi 17, think BOB is down at the minute and will sort something out soon. Enjoy

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Will have a Kodi 17 build ready within the week if I can get it in the wookie wizard that is, just some finishing touches to do. Thanks again to @Nigelar for the link.

Reactions: David Savage

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Sean anychance of having a build without all the fancy backgrounds? Or how can I remove them on youre build
Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Kodi 17 not stable enough (few addons misbehaving and probably need a code change) to release a build on at the moment. My advice is to stick with 16.1 until all addons are compatible with 17, @palpatine if you don't like a build there are plenty of others out there or even build your own its easy enough:)

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Sean thanks for the update and your continued work. More than happy with your build on 16.1 and hope you continue to support on this version!!!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes Rob I will still be maintaining this 16.1 and my 15.2 build when I get a 17 build out for download.
Just checked over the build and all ok apart from the Adrian addon of which will be updated by its dev sometime next week.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
you know what sean im sure theres something wrong with my droid box I have built my own buil and Ive copied it using es pile exporer you know the whole dbmc data folder ect..
But when I copy it it and reload my build it looks the same but none of the addons work and I get a load of error messages when I start up dbmc

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Will be removing tv addons repo from both my builds when next updated #freedomofchoice

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You probably knew this, but that means goodbye Phoenix as well.
And technically, if you are taking this stance (I understand the reasons), the Fusion source should go and all its related repos and Addons.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Those addons will be staying in the build but the repo removed, these addons are not the ones dictating to us, its the addon installer they are in doing this.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. But as I said, Phoenix is hosted on the tvaddons repo. Anyone deleting tv Addons repo will no longer have access to the addon installer either, so the other repos/Addons will have to be installed direct from the fusion source as well (which is a tvaddons resource as well).

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I know mate, will struggle with the updates once the repo removal but will figure something out.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
can some explain to me all the politics regarding exodus and tv addons
I dont understand???

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Build updated and removed addon installer, notifications, fresh start from tv addons so that I could get INDIGO the hell out of my build. Good riddance as that said addon uninstalls whichever addon it sees fit to (zem tv got the chop from it but is back in now) am persisting with the tv addons repo for 1 reason only and that is for the phoenix addon getting necessary updates. All links/ widgets (adrian will get an imminent update soon I hope) working as should now and just replaced the addon installer widget from the power menu with 'find my game' from the echo repo. This is a handy addon as it scrapes all addons to to give you those links for live sports games and lets you know which links are being shown where. Long live Kodi, enjoy!! Ps. if you have the build installed clear data and re-install to get the clean/working version.

Last edited:

Paffman

Feb 3, 2017
Hi Sean,

Many, many thanks for all the time and effort that you have put into your build. I am a T8 newbie and was struggling to get the T8 up and running, after installing your build I am now very happy.

Thanks again,
Steve

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I like your way of thought Dave but Phoenix gets updated by TvAddons only and to be honest have never once used the superrepo (too bulky)in kodi. So am guessing that if phoenix was installed using that repo it would also d/l Tva to maintain it. Had a quick look on their site about it:-
About SuperRepo and Phoenix
SuperRepo does not maintain Phoenix. We only provide an automated index for Kodi users to have easy access to Phoenix and other addons for Kodi. We are not affiliated with the developers (tvaddons) and do not provide help for this particular addon.