palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Sean have a bit of a problem im on your build in dbmc and went into exodus to watch walking dead season 7 latest episode!
had a lot of buffering probs which ive never experienced before so I went into specto and searched for same episode and no folk found!!
I went into my kodi 17 where I have a few addons installed.
Exodus works a treat with better quality and diferent sources and specto is pulling up loads of sources???
When I went back into youre build the buffering had stopped but the quality was poor and again diferent sources??
Specto still wont find that epsiode
Why are the same addons acting diferently on youre build???
Thanks sean

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
16.1 against the updated better performing krypton 17 is a no brainer, also you are better building from scratch in kodi and not using any build at all for better performance. Builds become stale after a length of time

Reactions: palpatine

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
the pair device option apears on the dbmc but not the kodi 17 version which I find odd

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No idea why they go stale over a length of time (too many repos and addons probably) but all builds do, at the end of the day kodi is what it is Streaming.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Ive noticed on ya build I cant see update messages but they do update i see a flicker on top screen.My screen is adjusted corectly
Any Ideas??

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Am getting each build update my end on devices and not sure the problem your having. Any update will only be visible the once as its just to let the user know there is a newer version available.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
no no Youre build is updating just fine!!
I just cant see the updates even though I know its hapening!
I can see a flicker of words at the top of themy settings screen but cant make out what updates.
Its been on all youre builds so I dont know if I need to change anything on

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Im talking about the addons! for example exodus updates but I cant see it!usually there a logo at the top of the screen but all I see is a little bit of it
Ive been on my droidbox settings and my screen adjustment seems fine

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Try adjusting the screen size in Android's Display Settings. Deliberately set it too low, so you can see a black border around everything. Head back to Kodi/DBMC and see if messages are still off screen.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Another update pushed in the early hours this morning, all bar 3 home menus have the extended panel widget style now. Phoenix, Power and System are those 3 without. I wanted to add it to Phoenix but their code does not allow this, sounds about right from the tvaddons team we have all come to know n love:rolleyes: Ps. Any YouTube errors just delete the settings.xml from maintenance bringing up the context menu then if it still persists apply the fix I posted in an earlier thread. Just deleting the settings.xml is enough in krypton but is not in Jarvis. Will be replacing YouTube from the home menu but it will always be running in the build as many addons use content from it and adding Arestube as a replacement in my next update (a cracking addon by the ares team full of content)

Attachments

• IMG_0039.PNG
    IMG_0039.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0040.PNG
    IMG_0040.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0041.PNG
    IMG_0041.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0042.PNG
    IMG_0042.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0043.PNG
    IMG_0043.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
hi sean i have an issue with not seeing any updating notifications on youre build even though everything updates fine.
I just like to see if addons are updating. Ive made sure that update automaticaly is on and show notifications but still no joy!
Also ive adjusted screen size in android settings but again no joy.
Is it my droidbox or is it a setting youve adjusted on youre build?
Thanks sean

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Thanks sean! Have you ever seen an update on youre build?
For example exodus logo drops down saying updated

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes but also sometimes if you go into add-ons there are updates available that are not updating auto and need manually doing. Will sort it