sean99

Aug 7, 2014
New build looking good Sean. Cheers.
Your welcome mate, another update in the next day or so as have swapped youtube for arestube to stop the errors. Just getting the background right before I update.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Enjoy mate:) Latest screenshots of build below

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    611.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Reactions: palpatine

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No idea why they go stale over a length of time (too many repos and addons probably) but all builds do, at the end of the day kodi is what it is Streaming.
Just an observation on the too many repos/addons.
Have been doing all my streaming over the past few months through the db go wirelessly, I use an iptv sub so just installed that at first. I then installed a handful of addons specto, maverick, sportsdevil, uk turk and exodus. Around 3 repositories added to get those from. I use semperpax spmc as find that more stable than kodi itself, my point is that you hear all the time about the less addons/repos installed you have, you will be minimising any streaming errors. I was a believer of that theory as it sounded correct and had heard it so many times I thought it had to be set in stone as true. The end of feb I restored spmc and put a build on it with quite a few repos/addons pre-installed and my iptv sub. I see no difference whatsoever in my streaming capabilities between the 2 setups I have used. Imo the theory about builds being bloated and hamper your streaming is nonsense the proof is in the pudding. Too many myths surrounding kodi with too many people jumping on those myths bandwagons. Just an observation people

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No probs just don't forget to use the fresh start on the build within ares, if not it installs the old repos/addons with the latest updates and causes conflicts. Unofficial sportsdevil repo removed as sportsdevil 20/3/16 gives an error, older version now from ares will get the updates necessary. Build updated with no errors to v1.1.2.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
i alwas just wipe dbmc and load ares from start then ya build coz I have probs using the fresh start option it pauses half way through.
Is that ok??
also ive posted a sports devil issue on kodi 17 with that erro message.I was using unoffical sports devil
is there another version

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The fresh start option works fine for me on spmc but what your doing is fine. I uninstalled echo and unofficial sportsdevil repos as the both had the latest sportsdevil of which gives the error. I just get it from ares now and just a rollback to februarys version that has no errors. It will get updates from ares.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Sean, I'm stuck! Where do I find your build in Ares please? The only one I can find is under Sean OBrien. Is that the one?

I found it -I think!

Regards

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
@robit under seansbuilds, just need to choose the right one of the three for the version of kodi your using. If installing on a fresh install of kodi fine but over a build perform a fresh start above the install button in there.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Sean, I'm having problems installing your build! Tried twice now, but after rebooting Kodi, I can't find your build anywhere. Now I know I must be doing something wrong, but what?
Help please!
Regards,

Edit: I'm Using T8S, Kodi 16.1
I didn't see any other version, just install
The second install was after "Fresh Start"

Last edited:

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I did that twice now with the exit button on bottom left. All it boots to is Kodi Confluence skin and no sign of Sean's Build

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi. If you have done a fresh start in ares, you will have to go to your program addons find ares and then go and install seans build. If you installed the build on a fresh kodi install try going into system > appearance > skin > to see if the aeon silvo skin is there if it is select it, it may have just switched skins.

Or you may have installed the Krypton build so it won't take, in seans build in ares make sure you click on the 16.1 build then install.

Last edited:

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Angela, thanks for your post. Just to recap what I did.
Had a very old Wookie Build on, so I did clear data in Kodi app to remove it.
After that I installed Ares.
In Ares I tried to find Sean's Build" and eventually found it in "Other Builds", number 61 for me.
Clicked on "Install" and it downloaded. After that it started to extract files and when finished it asked me if I wanted to back up.
Then it said Kodi needs to close, so clicked OK.
Waited for quite a while till the CPU settled down, clicked on Kodi but no Sean's Build anywhere.

Tried to install the second time with Fresh Start in Ares but still no Sean's Build to be found anywhere in Kodi.
I only have the Confluence skin showing so can't change it to anything else.

Regards,

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, In Ares you need to select > All Builds > scroll down to Sean's build in there I think it is number 154 at the moment the one you installed is a old build and not Sean's.

Reactions: sean99 and robit